Main Menu
Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

Georgia O’Keeffe exhibition
Wonderlust
I’ve been to the Georgia O’Keeffe exhibition at the Kunstforum in Vienna today. https://www.wien.info/en/sightseeing/m ... fe-bankaustria-kunstforum
I am glad that I have taken the rare chance to see her impressive work.
While looking at her “New Mexico paintings” “Out in New Mexico” and “Ride” were constantly with me. They’ve always been two favourite Heather songs of mine, but now that I’ve seen O’Keeffe’s work so close and read the text next to the paintings about her life and work and the things she said about her relationship to New Mexico, I love these Heather songs even more.
I can literally feel the place now where they’ve come from – the physical and emotional place, in double meaning. ‘Cause I’m quite sure Heather was strongly inspired by Georgia’s work and her connection to New Mexico when she wrote those beautiful gems.

And maybe it’s just me, but one of the paintings (see below) somehow reminded me even a bit of Heather’s art.

Attach file:

jpg  O’Keeffe Abstraction IX.jpg (14.13 KB)
550_584860e157915.jpg 300X383 px

Posted on: 2016/12/7 20:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Georgia O’Keeffe exhibition
The Jasmine Flower
Interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Of course, she also mentions Georgia O'Keeffe in the I'm The Girl lyrics. Therefore Heather will surely know lots of her paintings and indeed will be inspired by them.

Posted on: 2016/12/7 20:59

Re: Georgia O’Keeffe exhibition
Wonderlust
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
Of course, she also mentions Georgia O'Keeffe in the I'm The Girl lyrics...

Yeah, like in "Ride"!

O'Keeffe also said how much New Mexico influenced and changed herself and her work (whenever she lived there temporarily until she moved there for good).
I guess a lot of artists have experienced that in some way, either more or less.
I wonder if or how Heather's music and lyrics would change if she did her songwriting at a totally different place than Bermuda. Well, she lived in London for a long time and perhaps some songs were born there (like "Walk this world", if I remember correctly?), but as she said she had always returned to Bermuda for writing songs back then. And she lives in close touch with nature as well, so who knows...

Posted on: 2016/12/8 16:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network