Main Menu
Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

Fiona Apple
Wonderlust
I wonder if there are any Fiona Apple fans here? I listened to her simply brilliant album “When the pawn…” again yesterday. She has such great lyrics…

It feels she has given me understanding and consolation at those times in my life when I’ve needed it. So this is one reason why she’s one of my favourite artists. to her!

Posted on: 2008/3/10 14:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fiona Apple
The Jasmine Flower
Yes, I like her very much as well, but of totally different reasons.

I remember when "Tidal" came out in 1996 (and everybody compared her with Tori Amos), nearly forgot her in the next years, but now I do own all her three albums. It's a music that has grown in me, as I didn't like her that much ten years ago. But now I can listen to her.

Posted on: 2008/3/10 15:03

Wonderlust
Yes, "Tidal" is great as well but "When the pawn.." is as i said brilliant to me.

Hope I'll ever get the chance to see her live. (I would bake her a delicious, vegan cake then as she's vegan, too.)

Posted on: 2008/3/10 15:24

South
From France
Yeah, she's ony of my favorites too. She's soooo talented. I love her powerful voice. And her lyrics are just so different from everything else! I can really relate to a lot of stuff she's written.. When The Pawn is amazing. Actually, i'm gonna listen to it now.

I saw her when she played in Paris last time.. It was amazing, very intense.

Posted on: 2008/3/10 18:06

Wonderlust
Quote:

Julie wrote:
Yeah, she's ony of my favorites too. She's soooo talented. I love her powerful voice. And her lyrics are just so different from everything else! I can really relate to a lot of stuff she's written.. When The Pawn is amazing. Actually, i'm gonna listen to it now.

Oh, i agree to your words so much, Julie! Really you’ve been listening to Fiona today as well!

When did you see her in Paris?

Posted on: 2008/3/10 21:59

Glow Stars
I've always liked her too. There's a certain quality and quality to her music and it stays good with repeated listens.

Posted on: 2008/3/22 2:00

South
Fiona Apple saved my life, I think. I was feeling pretty isolated in 2006. This was kind of the high point of conservativism, when the backlash finally started late in the year I started to feel better.

Now, though, conservativism is reeling its ugly head again and the hate speech it lives on is yet again appealing to people.

But anyway, Fiona's songs explore the isolation she feels in her life. People had tried to get me into Fiona before this time but I wasn't interested, I felt like she was only singing about herself and not about anything in the outside world. Only when I felt isolated too did I really start to love her music. She really did give me solace during a time when I really needed it.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 21:24

Wonderlust
Quote:

XLV wrote:
Fiona's songs explore the isolation she feels in her life. She really did give me solace during a time when I really needed it.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 22:58

Wonderlust
From Scotland
20 minutes later... So much for my brilliantly-organised CD collection!!!
Here was me scrolling patiently along the one-and-a-half shelves of non-country-specific generic-female-pop-rock and then onto the non-gender-specific electronic-pop-variants then the country specific then heather-related then girls-I've-seen-live-recently related and... there it is, next to all the Greek stuff with Hayley Westenra and Sol Seppy...
Tidal.
Used to listen to it late at night. Soulful and sexy

Posted on: 2008/8/20 23:27

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network