Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

heathernova.net Forums
HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I would like to know if these forums here, independent, but still official forums makes sense for you and you still want to keep those alive. The forums activities here for sure depends on the activities, albums, tours etc. that are planned. So it is quiet right now but again active when new albums are release or Heather is on tour.

Heather has also a more personal platform now on Patreon where you can ask personal questions and also can listen to monthly concerts, which are very nice.

I really think it is wonderful, what we have put together here, like all the lyrics for example and all the tabs! Some might not be totally accurate but often closer to the songs released. And we often found tour dates earlier than annoucenced ... . I want to thank everybody who worked hard on this content!

I have no idea how many people are still active here or not active, but reading from time to time offline maybe.

What are your thoughts about this forum here?

Technically it runs currently on a very old Linux server which costs me 20 Euro each month. Probably it can be moved to just a Space provider, but I cannot guarantee anything, as this PHP based content management system is 20 years old! I could try to move to a cheaper platform, but no idea if this ever will work.

What are you thoughts? Keep alive at least till the next tour and a little further maybe? Or just shutdown now as Patreon is available?

Posted on: 1/8 21:53

Re: heathernova.net Forums
The Jasmine Flower
Please keep these forums alive! Since 25 years I check daily the Mailinglist, later Novaforums, now Heather Nova Net. I do even often check older threads. Last week I read in a thread from 2006. It is not only current news, it is also an archive about the last 17 years.

Patreon is no discussion forum, also it costs money. This is no alternative at all. For example the news about a possible tour with Asaf Avidan, I read it here first. And where to post links to the Femalefactor Global Conference if not here?

Maybe we could close some subforums because they are not needed anymore (for example "humor" or "current events"), because it looks out-dated, and delete spam members, but that's all I could think of.

Is it possible to write an email to all registered users, for example?

Posted on: 1/8 22:53

"I don't even know why do you think I'm a mess" (The Muffs - Sad Tomorrow)
"I'm sorry for the mess, you see my mind is somewhere else" (P.S. Eliot - Troubled Medium)
"Prettiest mess you've ever seen" (PJ Harvey - Angelene)
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Milky Way
Let's keep this alive !!!

Posted on: 1/11 17:28

Oyster
I have been an ocassional user over the ears and it seems like the forums were always there. I am aware that movement has been pretty slow so I can totally understand you contemplating shutting them down. It would be sad, though.

I have to confess my imput has been minimal and has really now gone down to basically self promotion, I'm afraid. But I've continued posting since a couple of people (including your good self Gerd) have been pretty supportive. I do want to add I still quite regularly read other people posts, I just don't feel I have much to contribute.

Posted on: 1/11 19:46

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Thanks so far for all your feedback!

@4ctmam, I think it is wonderful to tell here that your are as fan making your own music! And you do it very well, like some other members here. I'm very happy about members here showing their creative talent! Like Estelle and Verena and you! Thanks to all for sharing!

Posted on: 1/14 23:28

Oyster
Thanks man! And I do want to stress I find the forums useful.

Posted on: 1/15 13:51

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network