Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

Heather Nova live band
Blow
From Denmark
Hi

Anybody who knows the band members for the upcoming tour?

Best regards

Posted on: 7/8 16:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Heather Nova live band
HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

PAAP wrote:
Hi

Anybody who knows the band members for the upcoming tour?

Best regards

Nobody knows so far.

I think so it will be:

Heather (for sure )
Vincent (same)
Geoff Dugmore (drums, also on the album)
Berit Fridahl (as the tour dates are on her website)
Midori Jaeger (cello, as it need a cello and she played on oyster tour and the album)

It is like a weather forecast from the weather experts and then everything changes unexpectedly

Posted on: 7/8 22:46

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
No Arnulf on bass?

Posted on: 7/8 23:08

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Maybe. I doubt so. I think Heather needs to take care to limit the costs, as there are seldom new fans understanding her songs. Every musician costs extra. I think Vincent can do the job as well most likely if really needed. Which song is supposed to need a bass player?

Posted on: 7/8 23:20

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Rock music almost always needs a bass player. Heather brings along a bassist before any other musician: Bastien Juel at Joe's Pub and Arnulf everywhere.

If you take away the bass, you really notice it.

Pearl especially relies heavily on bass on almost every song. It was produced by Youth, a bassist!

A bassist would be needed more than two guitarists but maybe Vincent plays bass too. But someone will need to do it!

Posted on: 7/8 23:51

HNN Forums Admin
From France
You can play a rock show without a bass, unless, of course, if it's your musical signature.

Posted on: 7/9 1:34

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
You can but I wouldn't recommend it, assuming you're writing regular rock songs like Heather. When you don't have a bass, the music usually feels thin and hollow. It's the instrument you don't notice when it's there but you sure as hell do when it's not.

And again, this is an album produced by a bassist! In which the bass is prominent in almost every song! I'm going through each song on the album now and every last one has a prominent bass pretty much, some extremely so to the point where it would be easier to get rid of the lead guitar than the bass.

I guarantee someone will be playing bass on this tour. Ideally you'd want Heather (vocals/rhythm guitar), lead guitar, bass, drums, strings. I am not sure at all how both Vincent and Berit will both be on the tour unless they switch off songs or one of them plays bass.

Seriously, listen just to the opening bars of The Woulds We Bled, All The Rivers, Some Things Just Come Undone, or See Yourself and you will hear the bass as the most prominent part of the song. Well, it starts after the opening lines of See Yourself but then it hits really hard. All the other tracks have strong bass as well. Mayyyybe you could get away with Rewild Me without but that's pretty much it.

Posted on: 7/9 6:34

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Quote:

Estellem wrote:
You can play a rock show without a bass, unless, of course, if it's your musical signature.

Typo.

I meant "can't", of course.

Yo CAN'T play a rock show without a bass, unless, of course, if it's your musical signature.

Posted on: 7/14 13:51

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Vincent maybe won't play in the shows. Recording is something, and Vincent did it great, but you can mess up and start again, things like that. I am not sure Vincent feels comfortable enough to play live, with other musicians, when any wrong note, any error, will affect the whole band.

There will be a bassist, probably Arnulf, who can play other intruments, which is always useful.

Posted on: 7/14 13:56

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Okay, that makes so much more sense, Estelle!

I'd like to hear Berit's take on Pearl. Part of me wants to travel to Europe again just to hear Berit again since she's not ever going to be on an American tour. Arnulf is amazing too but he does come here.
There's nothing like Berit shredding a good guitar solo on a Heather song and now we have a new song with a long solo! Vincent is really good but I still want to hear Berit's take. I feel she could have a lot of fun with Rewild Me.

Posted on: 7/14 14:50

The Jasmine Flower
Vincent played on that cruise and in Dublin, didn't he? So he has a small experience with played before an audience.

Posted on: 7/14 15:05

HNN Forums Admin
From France
... on a small acoustic tour, and acoustic guitar parts are easier than long, electruc, solos.

Well :
- the tour is anounced on Berit's agenda, so Berit will be lead guitar on the tour.
- if Berit is lead guitar, Vincent isn't (unless Heather does want two leads guitar, which doesn't really make sense)
- either Vincent will play someting else, or he won't play in this tour.

Posted on: 7/14 21:53

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
Vincent played on that cruise and in Dublin, didn't he? So he has a small experience with played before an audience.

I can confirm that Vincent accompanied Heather with acoustic guitar in Dublin on some songs: London Rain, Rose gold, Walk this world, your words, norwegian wood.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:53

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I think he was taking care of everything to work like the tuning of guitars.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:55

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

Estellem wrote:
... on a small acoustic tour, and acoustic guitar parts are easier than long, electruc, solos.

Well :
- the tour is anounced on Berit's agenda, so Berit will be lead guitar on the tour.
- if Berit is lead guitar, Vincent isn't (unless Heather does want two leads guitar, which doesn't really make sense)
- either Vincent will play someting else, or he won't play in this tour.

If Heather invited Berit, she will play the lead guitar for sure. And this s predictable, as the tour will be rocking. Why not count on people who make half of the show?

Posted on: Yesterday 22:05

HNN Forums Admin
From France
That's what I said.

Berit will play lead guitar, so Vincent playing is not to be for granted, at all. Or as a bassist, but that would be surprising.

Posted on: Yesterday 23:25

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network