« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 10 »

Re: New Heather Nova Album "Pearl" to be released in spring 2019
Oyster
Quote:

frenchcandle wrote:
"Don't Worry What the Experts Say"

audio here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzZrLdVi0bU

I'm getting the "Video unavailable" message with no details. Maybe it's a region thing.

Also, I'll probably get booed out of the forum for saying this but having listened to it quite a few times over the last two weeks or so, I find Just Kids rather average. I like the production and the performances but the song itself just kind of washes over me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Posted on: 6/19 12:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Blow
Strange because it's her official youtube channel...

But i understand you : i'm not very impressed by the first three tracks so far...
Not bad songs but far from her best ones...
The production is ok but well... no original ideas in term of rythm and voices.
I would like her to be a little bit «out of the box» and less predictable.
And i'm looking for the rock album she promised...
So far, i prefer the previous album but perharps the unveiled tracks will change my mind

Posted on: 6/19 13:19

The Jasmine Flower
For people who get the "video unavailable" message, try this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--tlBzNBj78

Posted on: 6/19 14:10

Blow

Posted on: 6/19 15:25

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
1. Oh, there is a similar picture to the cover:
https://www.instagram.com/p/By2jep9HA2I/

I quite like it.
Though it doesn't really represent the mood of the album, for what I have already listend to.

Posted on: 6/19 16:22

Wonderlust
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
1. Oh, there is a similar picture to the cover:
https://www.instagram.com/p/By2jep9HA2I/

A kind of copy of Melissa Etheridge’s "Never enough" album cover. An e-guitar suits Melissa; for Heather, her beautiful "bird" guitar (made by Christoph) would fit better imho.

And thanks for the interview links, Bernd!

Posted on: 6/19 18:01

Wonderlust
Quote:

frenchcandle wrote:
Strange because it's her official youtube channel...

But i understand you : i'm not very impressed by the first three tracks so far...
Not bad songs but far from her best ones...
The production is ok but well... no original ideas in term of rythm and voices.
I would like her to be a little bit «out of the box» and less predictable.
And i'm looking for the rock album she promised...
So far, i prefer the previous album but perharps the unveiled tracks will change my mind

I prefer "Just kids" by far to "The wounds we bled", but I understand what you both mean. The songs are good and nice to listen to, but lack something really outstanding and special like other songs in her career. Haven’t listened to "Don’t worry what the experts say" yet, I will wait until the whole album comes out.

Posted on: 6/19 18:04

Siren
From the stars in the sky
@frenchcandle

"You've written down my thoughts" ...
I have the same things in my mind.

Posted on: 6/19 18:04

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Neither of the links work for me, alas.

Posted on: 6/20 6:13

Blow
@57Arietis

i think "Don't Worry What the Experts Say" is the best one so far imo but probably because there's something in it that reminds me of STORM , probably one her best album.

about their rock songs, there's something mellowing in the production now that i don't really like at all...

sorry for the link, i don't understand why it doesn't work for some of you ???

Posted on: 6/20 9:05

The Jasmine Flower
I don't know why the videos don't work sometimes. In case the last two links don't work for you, you don't miss anything. It's just an audio with the cover picture as still image. You will get them very soon anyway. It's no directed video clip.

Also the video is not uploaded by Heather: "Provided to YouTube by GoodToGo GmbH. Auto-generated by YouTube." You don't find it in the "videos" section, just in the "overview" section as playlist. Haven't seen anything like this before.

Posted on: 6/20 9:51

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Let us just wait to be the album released. For me I just threw away all what was anounced or thought to be anounced.
I guess it was all my silly thoughts about annoucenent that confused me.

I'm looking forward to the new album with a reset of everything so far known or thought.

Just 8 days to go to get the new album!

Posted on: 6/20 22:37

Wonderlust
I think, I simply can’t relate to most of the already listened songs of the album at the moment. If I was happily in love like Heather and all would be easy-going in my life, I guess I’d like them much more.
Don’t get me wrong, I really love to see her privately so happy, for she deserves it so much and this certainly comes out in her music as well, but I’m personally more in the mood for her melancholic and darker songs lately. (Just listened e.g. to “The Jasmine flower” the other day and still love it dearly.) So that’s perhaps one more reason for my lack of enthusiasm for “Pearl”. But there’s still hope, that I like the other songs of the album better.

Posted on: 6/21 14:30

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

57Arietis wrote:
I think, I simply can’t relate to most of the already listened songs of the album at the moment. If I was happily in love like Heather and all would be easy-going in my life, I guess I’d like them much more.
Don’t get me wrong, I really love to see her privately so happy, for she deserves it so much and this certainly comes out in her music as well, but I’m personally more in the mood for her melancholic and darker songs lately. (Just listened e.g. to “The Jasmine flower” the other day and still love it dearly.) So that’s perhaps one more reason for my lack of enthusiasm for “Pearl”. But there’s still hope, that I like the other songs of the album better.

Thank you! This matches totally with my thoughts!

I guess all songs are inspired as always by her feelings and this time reflects her love to Vincent. Probably all songs. Even one song is called by his name. Your words is really sweet, the reprise song, surely dedicated to Vincent. Hope it is acoustic like on previous live concerts. Looking forward to the song that Mark impressed in Bermuda, Rewild me!

In a previous post I said I reset whathever I heard about the album. So I will wait to listen to it to get my personal feeling of the entire album.

I am very thankful that Heather shares her music and thougths. I'm sure I will follow her for my lifetime as it touches me, although I am not connected to most of those stupid social media.

Posted on: 6/21 21:53

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Quote:

57Arietis wrote:

I don't think it's connected.

The songs I love or I dislike in Heather's discography have been the same for more than 15 years ; and during this 15 years, Ive been desperately alone, I've been deeply happy and in love, I have been in couple but with some difficulties in the couple, I've been, well, everything, like we almost all do sometimes in our lives.

I didn't like Motherland nor Mesmerized nor The Sun Will Always Rise (but loved Mothertongue) before being a mother, and nothing has changed. I like the songs about Sebastian on 300 Days at Sea, but not because they are bout something I can relate ; just because I find the music and the arrangements good.
The only exception could be Moon River Days, maybe. I love this song. There is indeed a mellowing stuff that I'm not fond of, but above t, and above the rest, I find the melody line (and the chords) too mainstream, and not very original ; fwiw, sometimes, I mix in my head the verses of one with the chorus of another, not on purpose, but because both resemble so much.

I like Roses Gold. It's not on the album, unfortunately, but maybe Heather will play it again live.

I had absolutely nothing against Your Words and After All This Time with stripped-down live version, and I hope it will be the same for the album version.

My biggest disappointment so far is Don't Worry What The Experts Say. It lacks originality, a lot.

But oh well. I've been loving one Heather Nova album out of two for years. Storm OK, Redbird not fond, Jasmine OK, 300 Days not fond of, The Way it Feels, awesome (imo).

It doesn't depend on my own mood. It does depend on the melody lines (Twif songs tabs are quite different from one to another, and HN favourite patterns are less used that usually).
Maybe Heather is better at expressing sad feelings that good, I don't know. Maybe not, because she has wrote some wonderful positive songs as well.

Well, there are still a bunch of Pearl songs we haven't heard yet. Maybe we'll have good surprises.
I have nothing against just Kids not Wounds, but

Posted on: 6/21 23:29

Wonderlust
The personal mood is surely not the only reason, if I like a song or not, that’s right, but it adds to it, at least that’s what I can say for myself. But I get and respect that others don’t feel and see it this way.

My favourite albums are still Glowstars (outstanding!), Storm and The Jasmine flower (ok, also a few songs, which I don’t love that much as my favourites on it).
I really love half of the 300 Days and TWIF songs, but the other half of them are just average to me. But good, that tastes are different!

Posted on: 6/22 9:35

The Jasmine Flower
I'm more with Estelle here. It doesn't depend on my mood whether I like a Heather song more or less. I'm not listening to Heather because of her sad, melancholic songs. I'm listening to Heather because she has so many very good, amazing songs and records. It's not the mood for me, but the quality. The same for other artists, by the way.

About the new songs, well, I think it's better to listen to them embedded in the other songs on the album, and not separated. Don't Worry grew in me a lot during the last days. Similar the other two songs.

Posted on: 6/22 9:45

Siren
Just a quick note, as everyone is everywhere regarding Heather and the songs and albums they love. I am thrilled that Gerd is looking forward to “Rewild Me”. Just wanted to say that if anyone doesn’t like the song, well, I did hear it in Bermuda, front row, with every nerve glowing like a firefly. So if the rare chance you don’t like it, well, I was under the influence.

That said, I loved. The song.

And rewild is a term getting back to feral. Heather saw my moniker here and was inspired!
Ha!

Posted on: 6/23 3:57

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Oh, I made a lapsus.
I meant "I like Sebastian songs on TWIF".

TWIF is in my personal top3 album, with Glow Stars and Oyster.

300 days, South and Redbird are the three I like least, though every album fortunately has its gems.

Siren, Storm and TJF are three albums I like a lot, but not my favourites ones.

Well, let's listen to Bernd and wait until we have the whole album to listen to entirely if we want to be able to judge its quality properly.

Posted on: 6/23 17:32

Edited by Estellem on 2019/6/24 0:02:04

The Jasmine Flower
My French is not perfect, but I read "set acoustique exclusif" on June 30 on Belgian RTBF radio station?

RTBF

Posted on: 6/24 18:48

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I translated it via deepl. Forget Google.
Probably Heather did an album related promotional little concert or just played a few songs. I doubt it will be live.

Here is a link but maybe not correct. Ther are so many radio stations belonging to them.

http://www.rtbfradioplayer.be/

Posted on: 6/24 23:41

The Jasmine Flower

Video interview with Bermudan singer-songwriter Heather Nova. FaceCulture spoke with Heather about Oyster, starting on her new album Pearl, making an album that rocks, writing a lot of songs, going through a divorce, Rewild Me, our relationship with nature, See Yourself, positivity, Some Things Just Come Undone, how important songwriting is to her, Patti Smith, gearing up towards the live shows, the album title, and a lot more! (15/05/2019)

Interview made in Amsterdam.

Posted on: 6/25 19:34

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Thanks so much Bernd for finding this link/interview!
I think it is really great! I'm impressed and love so much how Heather explained everything about her life and the new album. This will help for sure to understand it once it arrived and I can listen to it.

Posted on: 6/25 21:43

Edited by gerd on 2019/6/26 8:40:48
Edited by gerd on 2019/6/26 8:41:03

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Thanks for the video !

Posted on: 6/25 21:49

The Jasmine Flower
There are also Faceculture interviews with Heather from 2011 and 2015. I like that they are so interested in Heather and her album releases!

Posted on: 6/25 22:01

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Love that this interview is so natural. I just noticed i have the previous ones too, from earlier years. Feel the need to relisten to it again.

Posted on: 6/25 23:14

The Jasmine Flower
Heather is featured in German Rolling Stone magazine July 2019:

https://www.rollingstone.de/rolling-st ... -the-air-tonight-1723847/

Q&A: Heather Nova
Die Songschreiberin über das 25. Jubiläum ihres ­Debüts, das neue Album, Songs über Schmerz und männliche Vorbilder

25h anniversary of Oyster, Pearl, songs about pain, male role models

Posted on: 6/26 23:21

The Jasmine Flower
RTBF Radio on June 30, 13h-17h
Heather Nova: session et interview avec Classic 21

Click

Posted on: 6/27 13:40

The Jasmine Flower
By the way, I still have no shipping notice from Merchcowboy. Is this normal?

Posted on: 6/27 19:38

Oyster
From Strasbourg France
Neither do I, and no "Don't stop believing" yet ...

I don't think this is normal.

Posted on: 6/27 20:20

The Jasmine Flower
I know someone who got the CD today already.
Will have to phone Merchcowboy tomorrow.

Posted on: 6/27 20:27

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I think we should not make stress to the company in charge. I got confimation that my three or four items are sent out and deliverred by DHL.

I can wait a few days longer. Friday is maybe not the perfect day so to release an album to get it the same day. I don't think there is no argue to escalate delivery.

Posted on: 6/27 21:51

The Jasmine Flower
Deutschlandfunk

When you click on the "HÖREN" button, you can hear the article, including Heather's own voice and song samples. Be quick! According to Deutschlandfunk, the button expires January 19, 2038, at 4:14am!!! No joke!

Posted on: 6/27 21:53

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

gerd wrote:
I think we should not make stress to the company in charge. I got confimation that my three or four items are sent out and deliverred by DHL.

But I didn't even get a confirmation mail yet about the shipping! The same for others.
And by the way, I still wait for the postcard that others got in April already...

Posted on: 6/27 21:58

The Jasmine Flower
All eleven lyrics from Pearl:
https://www.azlyrics.com/h/heathernova.html

By the way, during "Vincent", she sings French:
Les vagues viennent s'écraser
Dans mes veines et je m'enivre
Vincent, je veux
Only to be with you

Posted on: 6/28 8:02

Milky Way
From St. Louis, Missouri (USA)
I just received the email containing the link to the demos, which I've downloaded and I'm listening to now. Really diggin' 'em! Makes me super anxious to get the CD!

The email explained the following about the demos:

Quote:

Hi

Thanks for supporting my campaign, it means the world to me.

Here are the original demos from my new album. They are lo-fi and
home-made, as I either record on Garageband or my iPhone Voice memos
when I write a song. This is how I take them into the studio before I
record them for the album.

Enjoy!

Love
Heather Nova

These demos are for your personal listening only. It is illegal to share
or post these online.

Posted on: 6/28 12:26

Siren
From the stars in the sky
When you look hard enough and let your feelings come..and go..and believe...then maybe a pearl will appear. Thank you Heather for yours. I cried. God bless you. ⚘❤

Posted on: 6/28 14:29

The Jasmine Flower
Gerd, I just phoned Merchcowboy right now and they admitted that they have indeed forgotten to process my order! They confirmed nothing was sent to me yet, and as my order status wrongly stated "completed", they thought everything was done already and there is nothing to do anymore for them. Oh well... So it was good I called them today so they can finally process my order. Plus, they will investigate again what will happen with the postcard, that I never got, while others got it more than two months ago.

Posted on: 6/28 15:06

Milky Way
From St. Louis, Missouri (USA)
I received another email update this morning from Merchcowboy with the subject heading: “Important! Another Message from Heather Nova”

The email indicates:

Quote:

Hi Wonderful People

Thank you again for supporting my campaign. It means the world to me!

Some of the special items will arrive after release date, as I am still finishing up on them and will ship directly from Bermuda. I plan on shipping everything by early next week, but you should receive music - album, demos etc, by release date or very close to it!

As I will send these special items airmail, I can’t predict exactly how long it will take, but rest assured you will receive your item!

Thanks for your patience!

Heather x[\quote]

Posted on: 6/28 18:08

The Jasmine Flower
Vincent writes:

Heather Nova’s new album Pearl is out today!!!

I am too short of words to express how grateful I am to have been invited on this incredible journey. Listening to Heather’s dreams and thoughts, playing guitar on her songs, on stage, recording the album in studio in Spain together with uber-talented professional musicians, doing all the photography, the graphic design and artwork, shooting the music videos together, even acting in one! (definitely trading my Les Paul for a broom now)… For so many years, I believed that being creative in many areas wasn’t a good thing, and that I should instead specialize and be an expert in one field only. Thank you Heather for proving me wrong and teaching me a great lesson. Thank you for your trust. It’s been an honour to contribute to your album. Thank you for the beauty you bring to the world with your music. You are the most beautiful soul ever. I love you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzQOrKqneKo/
(including short video)

Posted on: 6/28 21:07

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network