Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

The HNN FAQ - What's new on the new HNN server
HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
The Heather Nova Network (HNN) has physically moved from a server in the USA to a new server in Germany on June 9th, 2008.

Along with the move, all the software, HNN is based on, needed to be upgraded to work with those newer version of the MySQL database and newer Version of PHP. Some Modules/Sections are not working in the new environment as there are no updates available anymore and development was not continued for them.

I will post here some questions and answers to explain what have changed.

Posted on: 2008/6/15 20:38

Edited by gerd on 2008/6/15 21:41:05
Edited by gerd on 2008/6/15 21:42:36

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
FAQ #1: I cannot see several Sections anymore in the menu on the left. Where are they?

First of all, it is not a problem of your web browser. Sections that are not working correctly anymore on the new server have been disabled. They will be replaced with new software and then the content will be be rebuild as best as possible. Details about the sections not available:

Pictures:
This section will be replaced by installing a much modern module, which allows not only pictures, but videos as well. No picture was lost from the old section. They all will be back, but might take some time.

Links:
This section will be back as well, but with a different interface. The old Module wasn't working anymore.

Memberlist:
This module is not working anymore and had security problems. It will be replaced with a new module called 'Membership'. It doesn't yet has the same functionality, but at least this module is developing fast and gives you the choice to find users and to therefore make sending PMs easier.

Posted on: 2008/6/15 20:50

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
FAQ #2: There is no Private Messages Menu anymore instead there is Inbox which looks different. Why is it gone and where are my private messages I sent in the past?

The Inbox that you see now, is the standard Inbox for Private Messages of the Xoops software. The old version you were used to, was a hack to the original code. It changed back to the original as of the software update. It is not clear if the hack could be applied again to the new software version.

The standard Inbox allows only a certain amount of messages. Most of the long term members have too much PMs to make the Inbox. There was never a cleanup of plenty of thousands of messages, so we decided to clean them all up, to make all Inboxes work again for everybody.

Posted on: 2008/6/15 21:04

Edited by gerd on 2008/6/22 16:21:03

Re: The HNN FAQ - What's new on the new HNN server
HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
FAQ #3: On the old server there was a quote button for each posting in the forums, but there isn't on the updated forums. How do I quote somebodies posting now?

Quoting is possible as well on the updated forums! Just press the 'Reply' button of the posting you want to quote. The editor opens and at the bottom of the page you'll find the 'Quote' button. By pressing it, the posting you are going to reply to is inserted with quote tags.

Posted on: 2008/6/22 16:20

Edited by gerd on 2008/6/22 19:29:46

Re: The HNN FAQ - What's new on the new HNN server
HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
FAQ#4 What can I post in the signature?

Please do not post pictures or links to commercial websites in your signature. Those will be deleted and if there is a continued use of it, your account will be deleted!
Thanks for understanding!

Posted on: 2010/6/23 22:35

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network