Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

(1) 2 3 »

Interview with Heather Nova at Bermuda, June 9th, 2007
HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I'm very delighted I can present you now the interview with Heather Nova, which I did with her after the concert in the Aboretum Park at Bermuda, on June 9th 2007.

Hope you'll all be suprised as much as I, when she told me all the good news, like the new live album this year!

Thanks again so much to Heather for taking the time and making it an unforgettable moment! Thank You!

### Chapter 1: Songs and Albums ###

Gerd: I actually have some typical questions.

Heather: Well ok, that's fine.

Gerd: First of all about the new album and the new songs. Will you make it a different style or have you already decided which style it will be?

Heather: You know, I always write the songs from a very pure place - and then the songs can be taken into any arrangement, but I haven't decided which way they're gonna go yet. I'm still just writing songs, but I haven't made the decision, if it's going to be a rock-album or a stripped down album.

Gerd: So it is always possible to change that.

Heather: Of course! Well the songs always start the same way. It is me and a guitar. That's how I always write. Yes!

Gerd: Ok.

Heather: Like when you heard London Rain tonight, it was acoustic, that's how I write it and later we put the production on it!

Gerd: How many songs have you written so far?

Heather: Oh god, so many. I've got about 40 songs, but they are not all finished!

Gerd: Just for the new album?

Heather: Yeah, but they are not finished!

Gerd: I remember, that you have written 25 for Redbird.

Heather: Yeah. What I mean is, I have 40 bits of songs but not complete ones.

Gerd: So you write them all parallel?

Heather: Yes, I do - I do. Because I get so many ideas all the time. But then I have another idea and so I have to work on them the same time.

Gerd: And do you put them sometimes together to one song?

Heather: No. Not recently, no.

Gerd: So those are all separate ideas?

Heather: yeah.

Gerd: Wow! Can you tell me a bit about it, what the topics of the lyrics are?

Heather: No, not really, not yet.

Gerd: And the songs do not have a name yet?

Heather: No.

Gerd: This is decided at the very end then?

Heather: I have to arrange them and have everything finished before I can talk about that again.

Gerd: When do you think you will go into the studio?

Heather: I'm hoping to record them starting at the end of the summer!

Gerd: So that means a release date maybe in early 2008?

Heather: You know what - I just take one step at a time. I don't really know yet.. I think the songs have to be right and I am very much a perfectionist. I'm very hard on myself - you know - and to me - the songs have to be really really good before I'm ready to record them. So I'm my own worst critic. I'm not ready yet to record it. They have to be perfect!

Gerd: Are you making the songs maybe too much perfect now? I mean with glow stars it was more experimental.

Heather: No, I don't mean that! No, that was in the production you're talking about. And, well, I'm talking about the song writing. with glow stars i was just as much of a perfectionist with myself. - you like the lo-fi recording of glow stars. It's different to the song writing. It's two different processes!

Gerd: Have you decided about the musicians for the recording, Fiona maybe?

Heather: No I haven't decided. It is all open. I'm sorry that I can't give you any more information about the album! *laughing*

Gerd: Ok, then, how about another album, like a live album?

Heather: Yeah, a live album we would like to release. Live with Fiona and Ian, cause that was such a fantastic experience.

Gerd: Before the studio album?

Heather: Yeah, I think so.

Gerd: So this year then?

Heather: Oh yeah.

Gerd: I think you also have a lot of unreleased material!

Heather: I have so many. I have like a suite case of tapes. I used to record on an 8 track casette. Felix keeps saying to me: you have to go through your tapes! There's probably some great songs in there!

Gerd: He told me about the 8 track.

Heather: It's such a big job. no, I haven't done it yet.

Gerd: He told me, he has still glow stars on the 8 track cassette!

Heather: Yeah he told me, he found it the other day.

Gerd: So maybe release it as a double album? I mean the unreleased and the live - just an idea.

Heather: Or maybe it's two separate things.

Heather: Yeah, I would like to do the unreleased tracks. But again, that just takes time to go through them. I'm busy. *laughing*

Gerd: There is a thirteenth song for Redbird, "When the music stops", right?

Heather: Oh yeah!

Gerd: But it didn't make it on the album.

Heather: No - we recorded it!

Gerd: Will it be maybe on the new album?

Heather: No, usually I move on with new stuff. - I'll let you hear it at one time if you wish.

Gerd: Yeah!

Heather: Yeah, I can send it to you!

Gerd: That would be great!

Heather: Alright.

### Chapter 2: Concerts and Tour ###

Gerd: After the studio album, will you go on tour?

Heather: Yes!

Gerd: How about Germany?

Heather: Of course! I always come to Germany, don't I? On the last tour I didn't - no - because I have toured in Germany so much, you know! - My agent suggested that I don't go there.

Gerd: Well you had no new album, yeah.

Heather: Yeah. The thing is, that he told me, that they'll get sick of me if I go there too much!
*laughing*
I'd like to tour the States actually. I'd really like to do some gigs there this time. In the past it hasn't been possible because of work permits and getting the tour support etc - but I'm planning.

Gerd: Yes?

Heather: the states is very close to bermuda, so Iíd like to do that! - Ian and Fiona are in New Zealand and England so - it wouldn't be easy but - I would definitely like to do it!

Gerd: The distances in the USA are quite great so!

Heather: I'd like to do some gigs on the east coast for now. I have to - have to have somebody figure that out.

### Chapter 3: Concert Video ###

Gerd: How about a DVD? There was never a DVD out with complete concert. I know there have been some on TV so, like "Rockpalast".

Heather: There was from Storm.

Gerd: Yeah, but it is not a complete concert.

Heather: I wasn't allowed to, legally. Legally I could only put the songs on it that I own. Storm songs.

Gerd: But how about in the future? For the new tour maybe?

Heather: Yeah, it's a good idea. You wanna organize it for me? *laughing*

Gerd: Cameras we do have, so! *laughing*

Heather: Ok, so you are organize it. That would be good!

Gerd: I could maybe help there.

Heather: Good idea!

Gerd: Yeah.

Heather: I don't really make these big plans for the future. I just - I just take one day at a time - and right now I'm writing my songs - and when the songs feel really ready, to record - then I'll record them - and when they're recorded, then I'll release them - when they're released then I'll go on tour - but I don't have, like, this big mega plan for the future - I just take it one day at a time.

Gerd: Whatever I can do, I will help!

Heather: Ok, thanks.

### Chapter 4: Poems and Paintings ###

Gerd: You are also still writing poems, right?

Heather: Yeah, i am actually. Yeah, I am doing a lot of painting too. a lot of art.

Gerd: Will there maybe be a "Sorrowjoy Two"?

Heather: When I have enough poems, I will! I'm doing a lot painting, so maybe I will do something with that.

Gerd: About paintings and drawings, are you doing them just for yourself? Why not maybe putting them on the internet or making a book of it?

Heather: Yeah, I tell you, I have a plan, but I can't really tell you what it is. In about six weeks you'll see something that' I'm doing. *laughing* With my paintings.

Gerd: On the website would be good.

Heather: Yeah, on the website, yeah. I will let you know.

### Chapter 5: Bermuda ###

Gerd: About Charities. You are supporting a lot of charities. Like with "Save the gardens".

Heather: Yeah.

Gerd: I did a guided tour there.

Heather: You went through the gardens?

Gerd: Yes. I did a guided tour there and the guide there said, they still want to build the new hospital there. So the garden is still not save. Maybe for one or two years it is save now. So they still try.

Heather: Really? If that is true, we will fight it again.

Gerd: To build the hospital on the same ground will take 2 years longer he said.

Heather: Yeah, yeah I know about that.

Gerd: So they will always try again.

Heather: Bermuda is a small island and it is getting full. it we are not careful all its natural beauty will be gone.

Gerd: Yeah, there are a lot of issues!

Heather: A lot of development.

Gerd: It is most crowded actually! And they probably pollute the environment 3 times more than America.

Heather: Yeah. So we try to do what we can!

Gerd: Like with save the gardens.

Heather: Yeah.

Gerd: Maybe a bit too personal questions, I don't know, but what are your favourite places here in Bermuda? Where should I go to? I have been to those typical tourist attractions like theCrystal Caves ...

Heather: But did you go to the south shore beaches?

Gerd: Yes, I have been to Elbow Beach, Gibbs Lighthouse nearby ...

Heather: I like the more wild part. There is a place called Spital Pond. Did you go there?

Gerd: That's where all the birds come to in winter, right?

Heather: Yeah that's true!

Gerd: I haven't yet been there, but I have still 2 days left to go before I'm leaving. I'm leaving on Tuesday.

Heather: Ok.

Gerd: There is also the Paget Marsh.

Heather: Paget Marsh is ok, but it's a bit small. There is not much to see there.

Gerd: I saw a redbird today!

Heather: Gooood, there you go!

Gerd: But there are much more Kiskadees here.

Heather: Too many, and the Kiskadees are bad, because they eat the bluebirds! You know, my favourite part of Bermuda is the water! I just like to go out on the water. The water is our open space here, you know, because the land is getting crowded, so the sea is the open space. Thatís where I like to go.

Gerd: About London Rain, that was shot at the Hungry Bay, is that correct?

Heather: Yes it was. And also in some caves which are Admirality Sea House Caves. I can't remember how to get there, but that is beautiful. - And also the aquarium!

Gerd: I visited the aquarium. There was a kind of barracuda and a shark in it.

Heather: And that tank was what i swam in in the London Rain video. Did you see that bit?

Gerd: omg!

Heather: Yes.

Gerd: You were living 12 years in London and then you came back to Bermuda. You feel now home here?

Heather: yes!

Gerd: And you don't miss anything from there?

Heather: No, I don't. And I like going there some times. I like going on tour and getting away, because it is so nice to come back, you know! But I love living here. I don't miss living in the city at all. This feels like home and I have my family here and this is the place I always wanted to raise my children!

Gerd: Great!

### Chapter 6: Miscellaneous ###

Gerd: I have some questions that came up some time ago. There was this song "Drive Away".

Heather: Drive Away? Yeah it nearly got on the album, South. And then it didn't make it.

Gerd: And now it is like "When the music stops"!

Heather: Right.

Heather: Yeah, it will never come out.

Gerd: But how about the lyrics?

Heather: You wanna know the lyrics?

Gerd: yes!

Heather: I don't think i remember how to play it. I don't remember the chords
*Heather starts singing it*

Gerd: A part of the lyrics we have, because there is a recording.

Heather: Oh you're trying to hear it? Well I'll send them to you, if you want!

Gerd: That would be great!

Heather: Ok, I'll send you the lyrics, it's no problem.

Gerd: Thanks! Well another question I collected in the forums. There was an untitled song at the crossing borders concert. It goes like: "I walked along the shore today ... out across the bay ..."

Heather: Yeah, I remember that.
*Heather starts singing that line*

Gerd: Is there a title now for this song?

Heather: I haven't even thought about it!

Gerd: Crossing border is crossing border then?

Heather: Yeah. You're reading much more into it, then I! *laughing*
It was a poem that sort of became a song and yeah - I've never sung it again since then!

Gerd: Everybody btw. wantís to already congratulate you to your birthday, your upcoming birthday!

Heather: Oh, right. I try not to think about my birthdays anymore.
*laughing*

Gerd: So no idea how to celebrate it?

Heather: You know what? I think this will be the first year in a long time I haven't been playing a gig on my birthday!

Gerd: Right. But maybe it is Felix task to plan!

Heather: Maybe. I think so. Yeah!
*Heather and Gerd laughing*

Gerd: That's all now I have somehow prepared for the interview. Thank you for the interview!

Heather: Ah, no problem!

Gerd: There are still a lot more questions so, but I think I should send them by email. Last time i had collected I think about 50 or 60 questions but maybe some are already outdated now.

Heather: Ah ok. Well you can send me questions. I'll answer them.

Posted on: 2007/7/31 18:58

Re: Interview with Heather Nova at Bermuda, June 9th, 2007
Blow
She just seems very diplomatic - "hey, I'm a singer, I write songs, I can't say much else" - it's actually quite boring to read. We heard it so many times already. Sorry!

Posted on: 2007/7/31 20:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Hey, she might not say to much about the studio album, but how can she do, if she is still writing songs and have not yet thought about the arrangement?

What did you expect to read?

I think it is not diplomatic at all! Why not accepting she is doing one step at a time? I so much love that Heather is very honest. Well you call it boring. What have you expected? Details about the big mega plans for the next ten years? Do you have them?

I do have not. I'm myself not thinking I am doing a much bigger carrier compared to what I have achieved so far. I'm still quite happy with it!

How about the news, the new live album so which will be released this year? Are you not interested in? Is there nothing new for you?

Posted on: 2007/7/31 21:31

HNN Forums Admin
From France
To me, the interview is really fine.

It's great a new live album comes out, it's just too bad oyster and Siren songs will be missing.

Posted on: 2007/7/31 21:51

HNN Forums Admin
From The Netherlands
Thanks for posting the interview, a lot of plans.
So a lot of nice thinks to look forward to

Posted on: 2007/7/31 22:11

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Absolutely!

A new live album this year! That are great news I think! Did you expect it?

Something with the paintings will happens soon, so I'm curious!
A new studio album next year and a tour, we all expect it, but it is nice to get it confirmed, isn't it?

Posted on: 2007/7/31 22:18

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

gerd wrote:
A new studio album next year and a tour, we all expect it, but it is nice to get it confirmed, isn't it?

No, that's wrong. These are not her words, but your words. You asked her about an "early 2008" release, and she answered "I don't really know yet" and "It is all open". She only confirmed that there will be a new studio album and a tour afterwards, but she gave no dates! Therefore it can be 2009 as well. You know, she is a perfectionist...

Posted on: 2007/7/31 22:28

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
That is mathemathically thinking
My feeling/interpretation is, she she will come in autum 2008 to Europe/ Germany With some sommer gigs before

Posted on: 2007/7/31 22:41

The Jasmine Flower
My comments:

- Chapter 1 (Songs and albums):
It's nice to hear that she writes new songs, even if it's no real surprise. I can understand her avoiding to give any concrete answer in this chapter, since "it is all open". I think it's very OK to not talk about the new album, as it is still "in the making", and she probably doesn't even know herself yet the direction of the new album. Very nice to hear that there will be a new live album in 2007! I'm curious to hear "When The Music Stops" as well.

- Chapter 2 (Concerts and Tour):
It's also very nice to hear she still thinks of doing some concerts in the USA. That's bigger news to me than her plans to come to Europe again.

- Chapter 3 (Concert Video):
nothing new to me

- Chapter 4 (Poems and paintings):
It's also nice to hear she does still write poem and paints. I'm especially curious to see her latest paintings. The six weeks are already over...

- Chapter 5 (Bermuda):
Hehe, the bird talk is nice...

- Chapter 6 (Miscellaneous):
I'm curious to hear Drive Away in good quality!

Posted on: 2007/7/31 22:42

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

gerd wrote:
That is mathemathically thinking
My feeling/interpretation is, she she will come in autum 2008 to Europe/ Germany With some sommer gigs before

Well, that's my hope, but not my feeling/interpretation. Look, she has absolutely no hurry to do anything. And again, she never mentions 2008 as "possible release date" or even "release date". She only says, it will be released after it is finished (whenever this will be).

Posted on: 2007/7/31 22:46

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

Bernd wrote:

It never was recorded professionally as far as I know. In the Interview we only talked about the lyrics.

Posted on: 2007/7/31 23:06

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

gerd wrote:
Quote:

Bernd wrote:

It never was recorded professionally as far as I know. In the Interview we only talked about the lyrics.

Oh yes! Well, this was only my feeling/interpretation then!

Posted on: 2007/7/31 23:22

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

Estellem wrote:
To me, the interview is really fine.

It's great a new live album comes out, it's just too bad oyster and Siren songs will be missing.

We do not know yet! Well i doubt it will be a complete concert. It would only fit on a double album. I think every concert of the Intimate Evening tour was more than 90 minutes!

Posted on: 2007/8/2 0:21

The Jasmine Flower
Zurich was 92 minutes (counting not the Fiona-only parts, and not the break)

Posted on: 2007/8/2 0:35

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Still too long for a single album, isn't it?

Posted on: 2007/8/2 0:41

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
The Bermuda part of this interview might be a bit boring for you. Well I was there, so for me it was very interesting.

I went to Spital Pond, the biggest natural reserve of Bermuda, I went to admirality house and so. If you are interested in Bermudas nature which Heather is talking about, I can post pictures!

Posted on: 2007/8/2 0:55

Milky Way
From Heather Heaven, Germany
Quote:

gerd wrote:
Still too long for a single album, isn't it?

yup, heard that.
well ok, then bring out a double album. I can listen to 92 minutes of Heather pretty darn often.

AND get her manager to work out a deal with V2 records so we can get ALL of the songs on THIS album this time.

Having been there when they recorded the Union Chapel DVD and then to see the result afterwards was really a let down. Not that the DVD isn't good, but it would have been so much better with those songs. A live Heather album without WTW or London Rain or H&S - oh come on!

And I wonder how much money it would take to buy the rights to those songs from V2? So let's start a collection everybody ...

Posted on: 2007/8/2 1:03

The Jasmine Flower
Oh, from the Intimate Evening tour I do only need New Love, These Walls, Mothertongue, Ear To The Ground, Doubled Up, Walk This World, Grow Young, Like A Hurricane, Storm, The Sun Will Always Rise, and Sugar acoustic! These are the most important songs. Of course, I will have bad luck and we will likely not hear Frith EP, Glow Stars, Oyster songs.

Posted on: 2007/8/2 1:05

The Jasmine Flower
Can't she release one live DVD at one label and another live DVD at the other label?

Posted on: 2007/8/2 1:08

Redbird
From Here (to Eternity...)
I don't know, but what's the cost to the artist of straddling labels...?

Posted on: 2007/8/2 9:56

"The space between the stars, is something that you know... a billion miles of darkness left you feeling low..."

Blow
From Denmark
Hi there

I really like the interview. There are many answers in it, which I would have had the questions for.

I'm looking forward to get my hands on some new song and recordings - I guess we all do.

Some of the B-sides I already have heard are very good songs so therefore I would appreciate "previously unreleased material" just as much a new album.

So keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2007/8/2 10:04

Milky Way
a very nice interview Gerd! You asked all the questions I liked to know and a lot more.

Posted on: 2007/8/2 11:18

Storm
From Konstanz, Germany
Read the interview now. Thanks a lot, Gerd!
She seems somehow very relaxed. And hopefully she can convince her manager for the next tour that the German fans are NOT bored...

Yes, and as Bernd already noticed, the six weeks are over. Even though one shouldn't take this too serious by counting the days - did something happen in the meantime?

Posted on: 2007/8/2 12:22

Siren
From Oberhausen, Germany
Thank you for posting and doing the interview, Gerd!
Those are really good news! And they make my day a bit better with all the work I have to do at the moment!
I'm looking foreward to the releases and the tour, hopefully next year! It doesn't surprise me that Heather is taking a day at once. Thats kind of how I imagined her.

Posted on: 2007/8/2 12:32

Milky Way
From UK/Ireland
Cheers Gerd for sharing the interview - it's good Heather has a load of unreleased tracks and stuff; shame though she hasn't the time (or perhaps desire) to go through it just yet... I imagine one day though we'll be in for a treat when she does eventually decide to let some of it be heard (maybe a half century round up box set when she reaches 50 !!! ) Looks like "Drive Away" isn't going to see the light of day then... likewise, I'd be keen to know whatever happened to that collaboration she did with Mensano (loved the vocals on that track)...

Posted on: 2007/8/2 14:54

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Thank you all for your feedback!

It is good to see that quite some questions you all have where answered. I actually picked out some questions from the questions list we collected from the before the tour in 2005.

The good thing of an interview compared to just sending questions is, you can directly ask another question depending on the answer and can go more into depth if needed.

Posted on: 2007/8/2 23:20

Storm
From close to Antwerp
Quote:

whatafeeling wrote:
She just seems very diplomatic - "hey, I'm a singer, I write songs, I can't say much else" - it's actually quite boring to read. We heard it so many times already. Sorry!

I have to agree with Whatafeeling to a certain degree.

The interview (especially about touring, new cd...) is filled with 'maybe' , 'my manager will have to sort it out'... and that she has 40 new songs, we've already heard that so often !

I can understand she wants a break though.

The time between the new cd and Redbird will be 3 years !

A new live-cd is a good thing though, if it captures the special spirit from the early 2006 gigs.

It's not really a very revealing, interesting or shocking interview, more of a chat between friends.

But I'm sure Gerd was very happy to do the interview.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 10:32

Redbird
Quote:
whatafeeling wrote:

Artists and musicians generally ARE very boring to listen to, when they "talk"...

What are you expecting, a discourse on human nature?

Posted on: 2007/8/3 10:36

"The space between the stars, is something that you know... a billion miles of darkness left you feeling low..."

HNN Forums Admin
From The Netherlands
Quote:

gerd wrote:
The Bermuda part of this interview might be a bit boring If you are interested in Bermudas nature which Heather is talking about, I can post pictures!

Please do !!!

Posted on: 2007/8/3 10:57

Blow
From Swindon,England
Hi Gerd

Thanks for posting the interview. It was nice to hear about what Heather has been up to and what she has in the pipeline.

I must say that I don't have any problem in waiting until 2008 for an album of new material. It's much better that we have to wait until Heather has an album that she is happy with and one that will make more of an impression on those who hear it.

It'll be good to have another live album in the meantime though, as I really enjoyed the 'Intimate Tour' date at The Cabot Hall in London.

If Heather tours Europe next year, I'd definitely think about seeing one of her gigs outside of England.

It's an interesting point about which material can go onto a live album or dvd too. It's a great shame when certain songs, which would be considered as 'live' favourites, have to be left out because of copyright issues.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 19:19

Oyster
From South FloriDUH! USA
It has been said numerous times so one more will not hurt...Thanks Gerd! The interview was good and gave off a very casual feel to the conversation. Very unlike the typical interviews you read in magazines and even on TV. Nicely done!

I am excited about Heather mentioning a possibility of a US tour. Even if it's the east coast only...for now...but I'm on the east coast...soooooo...if it happens...I'll be there!

Posted on: 2007/8/3 21:42

~I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life.~

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

johandeman wrote:

It's not really a very revealing, interesting or shocking interview, more of a chat between friends.

But I'm sure Gerd was very happy to do the interview.

I actually was considering to not call it interview as title of this thread. It was planned as interview a few weeks before so. When I sat there beside Heather in her private tent backstage and with the family, Fiona and Ian around at Bermuda, I felt to ask questions about Bermuda, maybe some too private things so as well. So yeah, it was different to an interview, which makes it hopefully not too boring.

I'm not sure if i mentioned already, but I had been to Spital Pond and Amirality house and the caves on the very last day of my visit. Both places Heather mentioned. Well I will post pics. Helps to understand what Heather loves about Bermuda.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 22:20

Blow
Quote:

Darren wrote:

Artists and musicians generally ARE very boring to listen to, when they "talk"...

It is not always true. Sometimes interviews can be insightful, no?

This time it is just too much of this diplomatic bullsh-t, friendly but at the same time distant.

It's what every artist would tell every fan who ask her about 'when is the next album coming out'.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 22:41

Blow
And if you read it again, she says 'we would like' to release the live record. It is not sure. As she says: 'you read too much into it'! Rumors we hear all the time.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 22:49

Storm
From close to Antwerp
Some interview can be very interesting and revealing.

Like Sophias singer who said that if I'd hadn't had his daughter, he would have killed himself.

Swans interviews were also very interesting.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 22:51

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

whatafeeling wrote:
And if you read it again, she says 'we would like' to release the live record. It is not sure. As she says: 'you read too much into it'! Rumors we hear all the time.

you are mixing up some parts to totally different questions, one was for the live album, the other one for the unknown title of a crossing border song/poem!

Please have some more trust in what she said!

Posted on: 2007/8/3 23:06

Blow
Quote:

gerd wrote:
Quote:

whatafeeling wrote:

you are mixing up some parts to totally different questions, one was for the live album, the other one for the unknown title of a crossing border song/poem!

Hey, I know how to read, OK?

The live album she says she 'would like'. It means it is not sure. This is what she says. I trust she 'would like' to relase a record, not that she is doing it.

And I was using her words for your attitude towards this: you read too much into what she says.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 23:18

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

gerd wrote:

I think whatafeeling has read the interview very carefully.

And I think it's interesting what Heather has said, but it's also interesting what Heather has NOT said. For example, I hoped for a new album in 2008, but now I think it is probably early 2009.

Posted on: 2007/8/3 23:36

Redbird
Quote:
whatafeeling wrote:
Quote:
Darren wrote:

It is not always true. Sometimes interviews can be insightful, no?

Sometimes... it depends on the atmosphere at the time, and whether the interviewer/interviewee reach a level of rapport where they can talk on a variety of subjects...

Quote:
whatafeeling wrote:
This time it is just too much of this diplomatic bullsh-t, friendly but at the same time distant.

It's what every artist would tell every fan who ask her about 'when is the next album coming out'.

Which interviews of Heather's have there been deep insights?

Posted on: 2007/8/3 23:36

Redbird
Quote:
whatafeeling wrote:
The live album she says she 'would like'. It means it is not sure. This is what she says. I trust she 'would like' to relase a record, not that she is doing it.

And I was using her words for your attitude towards this: you read too much into what she says.

"Gerd: Ok, then, how about another album, like a live album?

Heather: Yeah, a live album we would like to release. Live with Fiona and Ian, cause that was such a fantastic experience.

Gerd: Before the studio album?

Heather: Yeah, I think so.

Gerd: So this year then?

Heather: Oh yeah."

Posted on: 2007/8/3 23:44

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network