Main Menu
Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

« 1 (2)

Re: What video games have you played recently?
The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Nice going! I haven't mastered Tennis yet myself.

Currently, I'm playing God Of War for the PS2. On Spartan Mode (Hard), it's a nice change of pace from Zelda, even though they're basically in the same genre - fighting and puzzles. It's interesting how the Wii graphics for Zelda are much better than this games... the cut scenes of GoW are like normal Zelda graphics. The Wii gets beat up for its graphics, but they do seem better than this PS2 game, though it wasn't one of the final releases, so God Of War II or Final Fantasy XII would be better comparisons.

Posted on: 2007/9/12 14:48

Storm
From Schweden
I'm playing Super Paper Mario on the Wii, which we got a few weeks ago. At first I was kinda disappointed with it, but I like it more and more.
I've also tried Zelda a little, but I'll finish that one after Mario.

Posted on: 2007/9/12 21:48

Siren
From Rotterdam
It does seem that the wii is capable of very good graphics but only when Nintendo make the game. I have the feeling they keep back the much needed codes for themselves. Same with DS. The new Zelda coming out on that is meant to look amazing...

Cassander and Christina or anyone else into the wii...you got friend codes you wish to swap. I can PM you mine if you want it I want more miis

Posted on: 2007/9/23 10:32

Storm
From Schweden
Could you please explain what you mean by adding miis. I know you can do it, but i don't really know what for.

Posted on: 2007/9/24 21:36

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Quote:

Christina wrote:
Could you please explain what you mean by adding miis. I know you can do it, but i don't really know what for.

Ack, we never replied to you?

Adding Miis... these are little avatars for use on the Wii. They can be used in certain games to represent yourself. You can create them and trade them with friends. Now they even have a special channel where people have competitions to make them.

Anyway, I should have a friend code soon since I got an internet adapter to go with my new game which has online play.

And that new game is Super Smash Bros Brawl

Almost no motion sensitivity (seems to have been made for a gamecube controller, but a remote+nunchuk seems to work fine), but it's still a pretty fun game so far.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 13:36

Siren
From Rotterdam
Quote:

Cassander wrote:
Quote:

Christina wrote:

Ack, we never replied to you?

Very sorry Christina...can't believe we never replied. April 11th is a big day here in Holland. Mario Kart is coming out. I hope it's brilliant. I hope to race you and Cass that day

currently playing Kingdom Hearts on ps2

Posted on: 2008/3/20 20:08

Storm
From Schweden
I haven't gotten my internet to work on the Wii here yet, well I haven't even tried so far.

I've tried Brawl and i like it. It's more like a upgrade of Melee than a new game.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 22:44

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Jadamur: Unfortunately, Mario Kart Wii doesn't April 27th here in the USA, so it'll just be you and Chistina for a couple weeks.

Kingdom Hearts is a good game... I wasn't expect much from it (I hate Disney), but I quite enjoyed it.

Christina: Cool... once we get practiced at the game and you get your Wii hooked up, you can play with me and Frai Well, Jadamur is welcome too if he gets the game.

As for the game, I never played Melee, so it's the first since the original that I've played (and I only played that on an emulator). I like it so far, but I'm a bit worried about all these games using gamecube/classic controllers... why can't they use the motion sensitive stuff with the new versions of the classics?

Even Kart will have options for the old controllers, though at least they're selling it with the steering control. Though I'm not sure how competitive the steering mechanism will be compared to the old controllers, so I fear to compete online you'll have to use the old style... hopefully not, though.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 0:32

Siren
From Rotterdam
i have no idea when Brawl is coming out over here. On the control side, i have played Mortal Kombat on the wii and the new controllers were a real hindrance...they just didn't react half the time and so the only way to play the game was to plug in the classic controller...i know a lot of people are glad of the gamecube controller option for the new Brawl game because it gives them the familiarity of enjoying Melee anew. There are some types of games for me so far that just don't work too well with the waving and swinging arms. Football, driving and fighting ones being the obvious. However a game like Zack and Wiki was brilliant for the wiimote and nunchuck. And the controllers didn't deter Mario Galaxy one bit...

Anyone played wii fit yet? Wonder if that balance board could be used to steer Mario's Kart round those pesky bends?

Posted on: 2008/3/21 10:49

Storm
From Schweden
I'm playing an old classic at the moment - Roller Coaster Tycoon anno 1997.

Posted on: 2008/4/22 23:00

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Which Operation System does it work on, Vista or Windows 95 maybe?

Posted on: 2008/4/22 23:32

Storm
From Schweden
Oop,s it's from 1999, not 97. And it works fine on XP.

Posted on: 2008/4/22 23:59

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
I uploaded a custom stage for Smash Brothers Brawl... a pity the game isn't released in Europe yet, but you all can go up to Christina's house to play

Custom Level - Stage Builder

Posted on: 2008/4/26 16:12

Siren
From Rotterdam
currently enjoying Mario Kart for the wii. 12 karts / bikes per race. New items, new tracks, it's mayhem most of the time. I find the retro tracks a bit too easy if i'm honest whereas the new ones are quite the challenge none more so than the infamous rainbow road. I've come last on that quite a few times but of late i seem to be getting the hang of it and have finished 2nd and 3rd in 150cc. Just opened the mirror mode...lots of collectables of course, karts and bikes alike as well as opening up new characters to use. On the bikes side, i know a lot of so called experts were worried the bikes would upset the genius that is mario "kart" but i have to say i enjoy the bikes a lot. Easier and more fun to handle though lighter and easier to bump off tracks (hence my poor finishes on rainbow road). The bikes also add something extra to the retro tracks and the new stunt system has made me approach them slightly differently, especially for time trials which is where it's at for me...finding those all so elusive shortcuts. Anyone else got to play this yet? I'm looking at you Cassander and Christina

Posted on: 2008/4/30 12:02

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
I don't have it yet... it just got released this last weekend in the US. For now, I'm still working on the big board of unlockables in Smash Brothers... I think I might know more people who'll get Kart, though, so online play might be more interesting.

A question: In random play mode, can two players from the same machine play against others online at the same time? This is something that sadly and strangely isn't in Smash Brothers Brawl, which is a pity since it'd be fun for my wife and I to team up against others online.

Posted on: 2008/4/30 14:12

Siren
From Rotterdam
i've not raced online yet but my understanding is that 2 people can indeed play online from the one console.

Posted on: 2008/4/30 15:45

Storm
From Schweden
I just beat Zelda and the Twilight princess!

Posted on: 2008/4/30 16:20

Siren
From Rotterdam
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:
i've not raced online yet but my understanding is that 2 people can indeed play online from the one console.

Edit : Just checked and the option to play with 2 is there for sure

Posted on: 2008/4/30 16:56

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:

Edit : Just checked and the option to play with 2 is there for sure

Cool. Is that just for "With Friends" or does it work for randomplay as well?

Cause I forgot to mention you can do multiple people in friends mode on Smash Brothers, but not the randomplay.

And alas, I don't have any friends who have Smash Brothers and a good internet hookup.

Posted on: 2008/5/1 14:18

South
I love the Wii but unfortunately most of the games for it are pretty childish and geared for a pretty young crowd. This is probably still better than the other systems which seemed to be geared for appeasing scary prepubescent boys and their killing fantasies.

I play Wii Sports a lot. Tennis is my favorite and I have over a 2000 rating. Bowling is the most fun to play with others ... my best game there was a 278 and I'm rated in the 1200s. The Golf game is too easy and the baseball game is too incomplete, so I don't play those.

I have played with the Wii Fit but I have not purchased it yet. The Wii is a pretty amazing system for this type of stuff. My gf and I have become much more interested in fitness since we first got the system.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 5:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Storm
From Schweden
I'm playing Titan Quest for PC right now. I just finished the easiest mode. I had to fight Hades! That sounds a bit silly, with him being a god and all. I'm kind of tired popular culture making the god of death in any religion the bad guy.

Posted on: 2008/6/18 14:53

Milky Way
From Third stone from the Sun
Rainbow Six - Vegas 2 (XBOX360)

Best game I have ever played. The xbox live coop mode has a very hi replay value.

Posted on: 2008/8/5 18:49

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network