Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

What are your earliest memories?
Redbird
From Here (to Eternity...)

Posted on: 2005/2/2 22:36

"The space between the stars, is something that you know... a billion miles of darkness left you feeling low..."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: What are your earliest memories?
South
u

Posted on: 2005/2/2 22:37

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I do have a lot memories of my very early years, as my father made movies in the the late 50ies of the family.
Maybe I do have the memories only as of the films.
All were celuloid movies (Normal8, Super8). I still have to transfer all that stuff to DVD as the material is aging.

I think my father inherited me his love to make pictures and to make films/movies. I love it.

Posted on: 2005/2/3 0:43

Wonderlust
From Portland, Oregon USA
I remember being "talked to" by my step dad for something I had done when I was three. He's a very gentle person, but when he "talked " to me, it was kinda scary. I specifically remember the way he put his hands on my shoulders and leaned down and looked right into my face. All sorts of intimidating. But then we went for a walk, and it was ok.

I also remember the day when my mom was very. very angry at him and yelling at him while we were driving in the car. She pulled over and told him to get out. And then we sped off. I was rather worried about him, but she told me he'd be fine, and that we weren't far from home.

I don't remember anything before I was three.

Posted on: 2005/2/3 0:50

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
You can remember when you were three ? *suprised smilie*

Posted on: 2005/2/3 0:53

Wonderlust
yeah. I don't thnk that's terribly young for remembering things. But I don't remember everyday kind of stuff. Honestly, I only remember the stuff that was kind of bad. I guess because it affected me emotionally.

Posted on: 2005/2/3 1:05

South
From somewhere around 1-2 years, I have these memories:

Eating banana popsicles with my parents on the front doorstep every night during the hot summers. My brothers were not invited.

Having a whole bunch of helium balloons and letting them go and watching them disappear into the sky.

My brothers playing hockey in the basement and my parents very much disliking it, and them coming downstairs every few minutes to check on me.

My brothers and myself being babysat by my aunt, and my brothers were running around and not doing anything she told them to. I thought it was all very funny and I laughed a lot. She made us some vegetable soup and they would not come in the kitchen to eat it. Finally my brother had some and he threw it up all over the place and was in his bedroom sick the rest of the night. I thought this was part of his comedy routine because I'd never seen anyone throw up before, and laughed quite a bit.

I remember being in the back yard and my mother screaming that there was a snake near me, which I never saw.

And for my 2nd birthday, we had just moved into a new house, and all of the neighborhood kids bought me really cool things. Record players, etc. I was amazed that all of them bought me such cool and expensive things since they had never seen me before this day.

That about sums up my early years.

Posted on: 2005/2/3 1:11

Wonderlust
those are good memories.

I always wanted brothers and sisters. Being only child was pretty boring. By the time I got one and he was old enought to play with, I was no longer interested in playing. Just old enough to babysit.

Posted on: 2005/2/3 1:25

Siren
From in your mind
Can't think of any. I just remember the time when I was hospitalised and finally got the attention of my parents. Especially my mum. I heard from my sister years later that she cried when I was hospitalised. But alas, things aren't that sweet going growing up after... until maybe now...

Posted on: 2005/2/3 4:37

South
From France
it's strange how my earliest memory's been stored. it's probably very different than what happened. i don't know how old i was. i should ask my parents but i don't really want to. it's the only bad memory can remind of. that a nightmare i had too.

Posted on: 2005/2/3 10:59

South
From Groningen, Netherlands
Quote:

gerd wrote:
I do have a lot memories of my very early years, as my father made movies in the the late 50ies of the family.

this is false reasoning!

Posted on: 2005/2/3 12:26

Redbird
From Here (to Eternity...)
I think some memories are simply stronger than others on account of whether they had an emotional impact on us or not, or are associated with any smell/aroma, or taste. Our sense of smell and taste are our oldest senses I believe.

Posted on: 2005/2/3 13:56

"The space between the stars, is something that you know... a billion miles of darkness left you feeling low..."

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network