(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Kate Bush
Wonderlust
From Trans Europe Express

Posted on: 2005/8/31 15:42

Re: Kate Bush
The Jasmine Flower
http://www.katebushnews.com/katenews.htm

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2005/8/31 16:04

The Jasmine Flower
Tori Amos covered two times Kate Bush lately:

http://www.yessaid.com/sonicshapes/20 ... -running_up_that_hill.mp3
Tori playing "Running Up The Hill" (and "God" in between)
Rochester Hills, MI, August 28, 2005

http://www.yessaid.com/sonicshapes/20 ... 23_and_dream_of_sheep.mp3
Tori playing "And Dream Of Sheep"
Saratoga Springs, NY, August 23, 2005

Posted on: 2005/9/2 0:37

The Jasmine Flower
The lyrics from the first single:

King of the Mountain

Could you see the aisles of women?
Could you see them screaming and weeping?
Could you see the storm rising?
Could you see the guy who was driving?
Could you climb higher and higher?
Could you climb right over the top?
Why does a multi-millionaire
Fill up his home with priceless junk?

The wind is whistling
The wind is whistling
Through the house

Elvis are you out there somewhere
Looking like a happy man?
In the snow with Rosebud
And king of the mountain

Another Hollywood waitress
Is telling us she's having your baby
And there's a rumour that you're on ice
And you will rise again someday
And that there's a photograph
Where you're dancing on your grave

The wind is whistling
The wind is whistling
Through the house

Elvis are you out there somewhere
Looking like a happy man?
In the snow with Rosebud
And king of the mountain

The wind it blows
The wind it blows the door closed

Written and Produced by Kate
Recording and Mixing Engineer: Del Palmer
Mastered by James Guthrie
Drawing by Bertie

Posted on: 2005/9/26 2:01

The Jasmine Flower
The song had its world premiere on September 21 on BBC2 radio.

You can listen till next Wednesday to the show here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/bruce/
(Kate's song happens about 38 mins into the show).

From the press release: "The first single from 'Aerial' is the hypnotic 'King of the Mountain'. From its opening faint electronic pulses, to its crashing, driving climax, 'King Of The Mountain' is a unique piece of work that could only have come from Kate Bush. Featuring her instantly recognisable vocals, a loping dub-like rhythm and evocative, mysterious lyrics, 'King Of The Mountain' proves that the best things are worth the wait. 'Aerial', the double album that is released worldwide on November 7th, has already been hailed by those who have heard it as potentially Kate's greatest work; an album of such scope, depth, emotion and wonder that it is easily one of the most important records of 2005, and certainly one of the most moving."

Posted on: 2005/9/26 2:03

Storm
From close to Antwerp
I find the music of Tori Amos and Kate Bush very similar.

Posted on: 2005/9/26 10:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

johandeman wrote:
I find the music of Tori Amos and Kate Bush very similar.

Almost everyone says this. But on the contrary, a lot of Kate and Tori fans (including me) don't think this at all. I see not much similarity. Both artists are great, though.

Posted on: 2005/9/26 10:09

The Jasmine Flower
King Of The Mountain - US download available from Sept 27th

NEWSFLASH! - Site visitors in the USA! The first single King Of The Mountain will be made available by Columbia Records in the US only as a digital download on September 27th. It will be available online at iTunes, Yahoo! Music Unlimited, Sony Connect, Walmart.com, Rhapsody, Napster, and MSN Music. The UK release date for the CD (and we presume digital also) is still Oct 24th.

from katebushnews.com

Posted on: 2005/9/26 13:19

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Today I heard "King of the montain" for the first time on the radio. It's still typically Kate Bush sound. They aired it on SWR3, a german radio station.

Posted on: 2005/9/27 22:56

Blow
From The Vermont transit bus
Better Kate than never

Posted on: 2005/9/28 10:14

The Jasmine Flower
The covers of the album and the single. How funny is that single cover?

Attach file:

jpg  aerial_sm.jpg (33.74 KB)
3_433a57544d3f2.jpg 455X450 px

jpg  kotm_sm.jpg (41.98 KB)
3_433a5769f3432.jpg 450X450 px

Posted on: 2005/9/28 10:41

Blow
It was drawn by her son, Bertie who is about 6. maybe in a few years we'll see Sebastian's handiwork on a future Heather release.

It's a shame that Bertie is already a better artist than me.

Posted on: 2005/9/29 14:05

Milky Way
From Belfast, Northern Ireland
I'll try to give the album a listen definitely. Her voice is amazing, probably the most unique and best voice of any female artists ever. She's very underrated.

Wuthering Heights is probably the first song most people come up with, which is a bit a pity because of her other good songs that deserve more credit, but for the vocals alone Wuthering Heights is absolute world class. The mysterious atmosphere of the song as well are amazing.

Posted on: 2005/9/29 22:46
Your kingdom...

(Echo & The Bunnymen, My Kingdom, 1984)

Blow
I was 9 when W Heights came out. I had bever heard anything like it before & instantly loved Kate's music. I think she is almost solely responsible for singers like Tori, Sarah Mclachlan, Heather & many others to be able to get signed & promoted, singing from the heart in the way that they do rather than being steered in the direction that Mariah & Whitney etc have gone.

Kate only ever toured once, in 1979, but I was lucky enough to catch the last night of Peter Gabriel's run at Earls Court in London. It was 1987 & he was promoting 'So' The entire tour had him singing Don't Give Up on his own but that night she was there to duet with him. The cheer she received when she stepped onto the stage a second before her first line was deafening. I'll never forget it.

It's great to have her back

Posted on: 2005/9/30 10:22

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

AndyG wrote:
I think she is almost solely responsible for singers like Tori, Sarah Mclachlan, Heather & many others to be able to get signed & promoted

100% agree.

We cannot thank Kate too much. I'm quite sure, like you, without Kate Bush people like Tori, Sarah, or Heather wouldn't have get signed or only with lots and lots of luck. I'm pretty sure 95% of the CD's I own would have never been released without Kate Bush's success.

Heather loves Wuthering Heights, she has once told this in an interview.

If Kate would tour, I would really pay A LOT to see her once. And this means A LOT. Like nothing I've paid before...

Posted on: 2005/9/30 10:32

Blow
Yes, a Kate tour would bankrupt me. I went to a fan club party in 1990 at the Hammersmith Palais, only 10 minutes walk from the Shepherds Bush Empire, where after the release of The Sensual World she announced that she was going to do some shows. I immediately started saving money and doing overtime at work so I would have time off. It never happened of course. Oh well.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 10:42

The Jasmine Flower
I knew some of her songs, but I wasn't a huge fan until last year. After buying Never For Ever, Hounds Of Love, and The Dreaming, I am now.

But really. She hasn't toured since 26 years. If she would tour, I think this would be an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to see her. It's like "now or never". And I definitely would prefer "now".

I hope Aerial will be a great album. There has been no other album within the last five, six years I was so excited about before. The last time, it was probably Heather's Siren in 1998, after I knew Glow Stars and Oyster by heart and thought she may have left the music business already since it was so silent about her... Aerial will definitely be (hopefully) the most important album of 2005 for me, by far.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 10:58

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

AndyG wrote:
I immediately started saving money and doing overtime at work so I would have time off. It never happened of course. Oh well.

But at least you have saved money... I hope you have spent it wisely...

Posted on: 2005/9/30 11:00

Blow
Actually yes, I bought a Fender Jazz bass guitar. mother of pearl scratch plate, EMG pick ups. I've still got it.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 11:09

The Jasmine Flower

Posted on: 2005/9/30 11:15

Milky Way
From Belfast, Northern Ireland
A book on gothic music even described Wuthering Heights as gothic avant-la-lettre. Disagree there! It's something very hard to classify, but it is definitely not gothic.

I read she is a passionate smoker... Dangerous path to walk, and it would be the most unique female voice lost ever if it would ruin her vocal reach.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 19:29
Your kingdom...

(Echo & The Bunnymen, My Kingdom, 1984)

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

Gerrit wrote:
I read she is a passionate smoker... Dangerous path to walk, and it would be the most unique female voice lost ever if it would ruin her vocal reach.

true, but she surely smokes already for 30 years or so... and her voice hasn't changed after the 1980... so I don't worry that much about.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 19:36

Oyster
From Minnesota
I just looked at the tentative tracklist for "Aerial" and I'm really interested by some of the titles.

Even moreso, I'm curious as what the reasoning behind the absolute seperation of the discs was for. I can only think that when she saw "Hounds of Love" released on CD format, she wasn't happy because both "Hounds of Love" and "The Ninth Wave" were smushed together and she wanted to make sure that her vision was fully realized. That's the only reasoning I can come up with.

Also, this second side... Does anyone have any further information about it? I read it was going to be a solid 30 minute song! Now I've hung in with Kate Bush for quite some time (the first song I heard was "Get Out of My House" when I was 4 and somehow I'm still here ) but I'm wondering if instead of track they meant that i'd be a 30 minute piece with track divisions to indicate movements?

Posted on: 2005/10/2 0:21

Milky Way
Quote:

bernd wrote:

The album cover looks funny, too. Seems she saw soundwaves in her sound-editing program for so long until they became a nightmare that she had to place on the album-cover as well

Posted on: 2005/10/2 18:45

The Jasmine Flower

The second song on Kate Bush's new album is called "Pi".

From a review:

---
Pi is very interesting. I think it's a song about the beauty of numbers. It starts with a description of a "sensitive man" , "with obsessive nature". Much of the lyrics is Kate reciting numbers, the number of Pi, and the chorus goes "we love, love these numbers, they run in great big circles, in a circle of infinity". There are synth sounds, and the chorus rises with a nice, folky guitar. It runs for about 6 minutes, I think.
---

Posted on: 2005/10/12 21:38

The Jasmine Flower
In an official press relese, the song "Pi" is described as "the emotive reading of a lengthy section of the infinite series of numbers in Pi"...

*dying*

I *HAVE* to buy this album!!!!

Posted on: 2005/10/12 21:40

Wonderlust
From Trans Europe Express
Quote:

Spock wrote:
Quote:

bernd wrote:

The album cover looks funny, too. Seems she saw soundwaves in her sound-editing program for so long until they became a nightmare that she had to place on the album-cover as well

Somebody took those soundwaves and tried to play them: http://www.kempa.com/blog/archives/001035.html

Posted on: 2005/10/13 10:17

Milky Way
*ROFL* Some people have ideas But you can't make out anything of the sample anyways. I think it's a snapshot of 24 bit or even more wave, and there are so many details in it that can't be printed on a CD-cover. So nothing interesting except some limited noise to hear...

Posted on: 2005/10/16 15:15

Wonderlust
saw the video and heard the song for the first time last night.
firstly, the song is great, i think.
secondly, that is the worst video ive ever ever ever seen in my entire life, i think.

what the FK is that all about?
it looks like it was made in 1981.
horrible video.

x

Posted on: 2005/10/16 15:51

The Jasmine Flower
Her new album will also be released on vinyl.

Posted on: 2005/10/16 18:07

The Jasmine Flower
The video can be seen here: http://www.emirecords.co.uk/quicktime ... ush/king_of_the_mountain/

I don't think that it looks like 1981...

Posted on: 2005/10/16 18:15

Wonderlust
are you joking?
the effects of the elvis suit moving and dancing on its own are just awful. the curtains flying everywhere, the way the newspapers come up on the screen, it just looks like all of these cheesy effects video producers first discovered in the 80s, and they compiled all of them for the Kate Bush video.
its so bad.
andy and i just watched it last night, and then looked at each other in shock at how bad it was.

and WHY is it about elvis?!

x

Posted on: 2005/10/16 19:36

The Jasmine Flower
Well, Kate Bush is mostly an 1980's artist. I think it fits better to her than doing an video that looks like 2005.

And I don't think that computer animation was so far in 1981. Maybe late 1980's, but anyway. At least it doesn't look at all like the videos that she really did in 1981...

I like the video, but I think she has done better songs already...

Posted on: 2005/10/16 19:50

Blow
From keflavik, iceland
I like kate bush :)

Posted on: 2005/10/17 1:05

Blow
From keflavik, iceland
Quote:

AndyG wrote:
Actually yes, I bought a Fender Jazz bass guitar. mother of pearl scratch plate, EMG pick ups. I've still got it.

hey I have a fender jazz bass

Posted on: 2005/10/17 1:09

Milky Way
Not too bad the video. Reminds me of one with flying curtains and witches and so on she already had in 1985, I think it was Cloudbusting. At least I've seen loads of badder videos in the 90ies, thinking of those where the artist is simply dancing in front of a white wall...

What scares me more is the song. Production good, but the song itself isn't developing anywhere, even after four listens. Seems like a twelve year break was not enough... or too long

Posted on: 2005/10/17 22:57

The Jasmine Flower
The video reminds me of the "Weisser Riese" tv ads in my childhood...

Posted on: 2005/10/17 23:08

Milky Way
Oops, I think the video I meant was Experiment IV from 1986.

Posted on: 2005/10/19 22:56

The Jasmine Flower
I bought the single today.

Only for 2.99 Euro!

Posted on: 2005/10/21 18:34

Milky Way
Oh no... Does that mean it's protected ? I have seen MCDs for 2,99 that had a copy-protection and I've seen MCDs for the usual 5-6 , that had none.

Posted on: 2005/10/21 19:29

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network