Main Menu
Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

(1) 2 »

What video games have you played recently?
The Jasmine Flower
From usa
I've been on a big video game kick. I recently have played Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy I (in FF Origins PS1 port) and am now playing Final Fantasy II (also in FF Origins).

Posted on: 2007/3/10 14:36

Re: What video games have you played recently?
Wonderlust
From Philly
Castlevania III, both American and Japanese versions. Bart vs. the World. Maybe more since I just got a system to replace a broken disk system, but all the cords I have are at my parents. I either used a ROM or an actual Famicom. The Famicom has a disk system which can attach to the Famicom itself. Either the Famicom or the disk system that attaches to the Famicom can play games from it. It may sound dumb off of quick read if you don't know the logistics, but basically the disk system allowed for saving of games that you could not do with the cartridges.

Posted on: 2007/3/10 21:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Wonderlust
From Scotland
I haven't played a video game in my entire life

Posted on: 2007/3/10 22:34

Wonderlust
From Aquamarine
I played tennis with a friend,on his Nintendo Wiiiiiiii

Posted on: 2007/3/11 4:27

Milky Way
From Third stone from the Sun
Tom Clancys Rainbow Six 3 -PS2
I am A total Tom Clancy fanatic. His tactical games just get more and more amazing as the years turn. I am about to buy the XBOX-360 Ghost Recon for my nephew. (He loves the tango killin' squad based games just like his uncle lol)

Posted on: 2007/3/11 5:57

Siren
From Rotterdam
Lego Star Wars on gamecube.....the 3 prequels in lego form. Amazing looking game

Played raving rabbits on a friends wii. Really funny. Ever thought you could swing a cow round and round and fling it into a field? now you can

Posted on: 2007/3/12 18:35

Milky Way
From Rüsselsheim / Germany
About once a month we meet after work for a car race.
DTM3 or Colin McRae 2005 (pic).
Here it is allowed to drink & drive

Posted on: 2007/3/12 21:45

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Quote:

rouss wrote:
I haven't played a video game in my entire life

Not even Pac-Man or something?

Posted on: 2007/3/14 12:52

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Quote:

paris wrote:
I played tennis with a friend,on his Nintendo Wiiiiiiii

So do you like playing with your friend's Wii?

Actually, I'm jealous.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 12:53

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:
Lego Star Wars on gamecube.....the 3 prequels in lego form. Amazing looking game

Played raving rabbits on a friends wii. Really funny. Ever thought you could swing a cow round and round and fling it into a field? now you can

You like playing with your friend's Wii too?

As for Lego Star Wars, it is amazing looking, but I found the gameplay somewhat disappointing. Very easy. The secrets can be ok, but when playing through the first time, they really distract from the story and momentum, and after "beating" the game, well, why? From the reviews, I thought this game would be better and there's be more stuff to mess with. But there really isn't much and mostly it's just random coin-collecting.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 12:55

Siren
From England
I completed Resident Evil 4 in a few hours the other day.

I only really play videogames from series that I love and have grown up with (and rock at ^_^), like Tomb Raider, Silent Hill (especially) and Resident Evil. I don't often look into other games because I'm not that much of a videogame geek.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 23:11

Wonderlust
From Philly
I feel like I want to play all the games with everyone who has played a game!

Posted on: 2007/3/15 1:30

Siren
From Rotterdam
Quote:

Cassander wrote:
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:

You like playing with your friend's Wii too?

As for Lego Star Wars, it is amazing looking, but I found the gameplay somewhat disappointing. Very easy. The secrets can be ok, but when playing through the first time, they really distract from the story and momentum, and after "beating" the game, well, why? From the reviews, I thought this game would be better and there's be more stuff to mess with. But there really isn't much and mostly it's just random coin-collecting.

I wish i had my own wii

I agree with you re the lego star wars games. But it´s so cute and it´s the cuteness that gets me through the tedious coin collecting. The x amount of coins to become a "true jedi" is a real pain in the behind.

Posted on: 2007/3/15 14:19

Redbird
From Here (to Eternity...)
Well... I *sold* an XBox game for a friend on eBay...

Posted on: 2007/3/15 15:50

"The space between the stars, is something that you know... a billion miles of darkness left you feeling low..."

Siren
From Rotterdam
I was playing wii sports on my own wii, came home yesterday from work to find message from shop saying it had arrived. I need to improve my making mii skills though

Posted on: 2007/3/17 9:06

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Posted on: 2007/5/30 13:31

Siren
From Rotterdam
i loved the sumo wrestling bit

Posted on: 2007/6/3 14:09

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Yeah, hillarious! I love the way he plants his foot down so determinedly... and then him without a shirt I don't that's what the fangirls had in mind! And the mayor's "secret" to beating the Gorons is awesome.

Current, we're in the middle of the mountain temple... just beat the rolly-polly middle boss and got the "hero's weapon". Well, it's a great temple so far, but so was the first one. Also really liked the stuff ya do with the horse just before this temple.. so exciting!

Posted on: 2007/6/3 14:32

Siren
From Rotterdam
I'm not much further on than you. But i got lost in that dungeon so often. I love the room just before you can go to the boss. Loved the possibility of it.

I can guarantee there's more horse stuff I've heard from friends that the temple after the gorons is very hard. And they are much better gamers than me so that should be interesting when i get there.

Posted on: 2007/6/5 20:46

Storm
From Schweden
I borrowed a gamecube from my brother's friend and spent a lot of time playing The Legend of Zelda, windwaker.

Posted on: 2007/6/6 22:11

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
How is Windwaker?

I don't have a gamecube, but the Wii can play gamecube games, so I might pick up a few good ones.

Posted on: 2007/6/7 13:40

Storm
From Schweden
I have barely started the game, but the first course bothers me. I've heard it's really good though as long as you get into it.

Posted on: 2007/6/14 17:05

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:

I can guarantee there's more horse stuff I've heard from friends that the temple after the gorons is very hard. And they are much better gamers than me so that should be interesting when i get there.

Well, Frai and I just beat the third temple, and it was a cakewalk I'm sorry to say. The puzzles were straightforward and the monsters and bosses easy and straightforward as well. Some of the horse stuff before this dungeon was a little bit challenging, but nothing a single retry couldn't fix... I could really use a good challenge in this game soon... just way too easy so far.

It might, however, be a bit tougher on the gamecube. The point and click aiming on the Wii just makes the targeting challenges so far very easy.

Posted on: 2007/6/15 13:58

Storm
From Schweden
Been playing Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door for gamecube. It follows the exact pattern like the old paper mario for nintendo 64. But it's good enough entertainment.

Posted on: 2007/6/17 19:43

Siren
From Rotterdam
just downloaded paper mario for the VC. I really like it so far. Have not played the gc version.

also been playing harry potter 5 game for wii. Only fans of the series need apply. Controls work ok but the game is very very easy. Hogwarts looks amazing. Exactly how it is in the movie.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 13:29

Siren
From Rotterdam
Quote:

Christina wrote:
I have barely started the game, but the first course bothers me. I've heard it's really good though as long as you get into it.

Windwaker does get better but i was never able to finish it. Couldn't beat one of those pesky bosses in some water based temple thingy. One of these days i shall give it another and watch those giants hands come to get me Actually I think the pesky boss in question would be much easier to defeat with a wii controller

Posted on: 2007/7/14 13:33

Siren
From Rotterdam
Quote:

Cassander wrote:
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:

Well, Frai and I just beat the third temple, and it was a cakewalk I'm sorry to say. The puzzles were straightforward and the monsters and bosses easy and straightforward as well. Some of the horse stuff before this dungeon was a little bit challenging, but nothing a single retry couldn't fix... I could really use a good challenge in this game soon... just way too easy so far.

It might, however, be a bit tougher on the gamecube. The point and click aiming on the Wii just makes the targeting challenges so far very easy.

haven't played that game for a while, it's not a game you can put on for half hour and turn off again. have you finished the game already? did the game get harder for you?

Posted on: 2007/7/14 13:36

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Been on a hiatus from Zelda: Twilight Princess. Fight before the cannon will get used, essentially, exploring around a bit first. We've been playing more D&D and so haven't had time for Twilight Princess recently cause it's not a game that can be as easily divided. We'll have to get back to it soon though while everything's fresh.

For short spurts, we've been playing Wii Sports baseball, and we managed to make Pro.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 16:14

Storm
From Schweden
Quote:

Jadamur wrote:
Quote:

Christina wrote:

Windwaker does get better but i was never able to finish it. Couldn't beat one of those pesky bosses in some water based temple thingy. One of these days i shall give it another and watch those giants hands come to get me Actually I think the pesky boss in question would be much easier to defeat with a wii controller

If you stand in a door opening during that boss he won't be able to hurt you. Just a hint.

I'm stuck at the puppet Ganon boss. He turned himself into a giant snake going crazy and I can't hit the tail.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 16:45

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I am so much not into video games. I have no idea what you all are talking about and where you are stuck.

Just don't hurt any tail please Christina, just my advice.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 22:47

HNN Forums Admin
From The Netherlands
Gamecube: Marocart double dash, i still love it

Posted on: 2007/7/15 13:27

Storm
From Schweden
I play that too.

I just finished wind waker btw.

Posted on: 2007/7/15 15:04

Siren
From Rotterdam
did you enjoy windwaker Christina? thanks for tip, will try that out.

I love mariokart dd too

Posted on: 2007/7/15 22:59

Siren
From Rotterdam
Cassander, do you have many mii's? Wanna trade?

Posted on: 2007/7/15 23:00

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
I believe I have about twenty... I'd be happy to trade (get to still keep them, right?) except I haven't hooked my Wii up to the net yet. Still need either a wireless for my computer or a lan connection to the wii. I'm sure I'll get it by the time something like MarioKart Wii or another online game hits.

Posted on: 2007/7/16 14:05

Storm
From Schweden
What's a mii?

Posted on: 2007/7/16 22:40

Siren
From Rotterdam
essentially it's an avatar you use to represent you on the wii. The idea is that you create yourself, a mii (me) and use it to play some of the games like wii sports or wii play. I have created a mii that looks like me and I imagine Cassander has done the same People also create miis that look like friends or famous people. I have played against Batman in Tennis, i won too

You can send miis you create to other wii users who you recognise as friends. They don't lose their created miis. You have to register online and you get a friend number, much like how the ds works. Those miis will show up in their mii parade. Will turn up in the crowd during games and so forth. So i could watch Cassander playing Baseball on his wii (in mii form) Maybe Cassander can make a mii of you

Posted on: 2007/7/16 23:01

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Frai and I each have a Mii for ourselves and then we also have over a dozen miis for various fantasy characters we have (for D&D and such). We also have one for "Dmitrii" Young, a MLB star who plays in Washington.

I hope that Nintendo upgrades the mii creator, though... have they done so yet already? It can be really hard to do certain things, like even just red hair. The current stuff works better for some than for others.

Btw, once Mario Kart Wii comes out, we'll have to play online! I hope it allows two against two so my wife and I can play in a game with other people from the net. The same for Smash Brothers would be nice too, actually.

Posted on: 2007/7/17 14:13

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
We beat Twilight Princess btw, though we havent collected all the bugs, poes, and beaten all the minigames.

The game got a little harder before the end, with some of the mid-bosses either requiring some retries or eating through most of our healing. The final bosses of the dungeons were still pretty laughable, but the puzzles in the dungeons got a little tougher. No real stumpers, but some that took a little bit to figure out.

The final boss ate through almost all of our healing, but we didn't have to retry, so it wasn't really that hard, unfortunately. Seems like a good game that coulda been great if they had pumped up the difficulty throughout. Such a pity they wasted a good story and good characters and good environment and good gameplay on such an easy difficulty level.

Well, Frai says it can be played where you never pick up heart pieces so you have to go through the entire game with just your starting hearts... ie have to be near perfect. That sounds like quite a challenge, so it might be fun sometime.

Posted on: 2007/8/11 14:39

Siren
From Rotterdam
congrats Cassander yesterday was the first time in ages that i turned on the wii. I played wii sports-tennis. what appears to be such a simple game is really quite complicated, trying to time the wave of controller to get the right amount of power/spin/angle to win a point. i'm happy to report that i have beaten the tennis champ

Posted on: 2007/8/12 10:24

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network