Main Menu
Login
Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

« 1 (2)

Re: 2019-08-02 - Leuven (B) - M-idzomer festival (M - Museum)
Wonderlust
I wonder if this will be mainly the setlist (including the cover song) for the autumn tour as well. Hopefully not...
Not that I expect a lot of TJF songs on a full band tour, but no songs from two of my favourite albums is disappointing. And there are definitely tracks from Redbird, which would fit very well for this tour, e.g. Overturned. Not one of my dearest songs, but it's good and hardly ever played. Or Redbird itself.
Would be nice to hear Ruby Red again, too, not to mention some Glowstars songs...

Posted on: 8/5 9:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Quote:

57Arietis wrote:
I wonder if this will be mainly the setlist (including the cover song) for the autumn tour as well. Hopefully not...
Not that I expect a lot of TJF songs on a full band tour, but no songs from two of my favourite albums is disappointing. And there are definitely tracks from Redbird, which would fit very well for this tour, e.g. Overturned. Not one of my dearest songs, but it's good and hardly ever played. Or Redbird itself.
Would be nice to hear Ruby Red again, too, not to mention some Glowstars songs...

Yes, it's a pity there is no glowstars songs.

Heather Nova said, more or less, that when she did the recent Oyster tour, she enjoyed it a lot, and she realized that rocking had missed her, and that's why she wanted a rock album, an album that would song like oyster = rock and cello, and Youth for producer. OK.

On Oyster tours, there were no (musically) "smooth" songs like Sea Glass or I Wanna Be your Light, nor classic safe-pop songs like London Rain or like Lovers Do (London Rain was taken for music in Dawson, a teenage series, because it fits to the radio pop rock codes).

In Oyster tour, there were loud rock songs and acoustic songs with a cello. So, there's a room for Motherland, for example (and Shaking The Doll, but I doubt Heather will play again), and even for a (very) few Redbird songs : I Miss My Sky and Overturned.

I don't say that jut because London Rain, Like Lovers Do and I Wanna Be Your Light are not my favourite. I Wanna Be Your Light is a song I don't appreciate, but when played on an acoustic or semi-acoustic tour, I can't complain, it fits to the setlist and to the tour. London Rain, on a Redbird tour is just normal. And so on. But when she has a Berit, they can rock ! And when she has a cellist (she will, in autumn), she can pick up songs when the cello has a bigger place !

Well, I'm eager for the autumn tour to start anyway.

Posted on: 8/5 11:35

Wonderlust
Mothertongue and Shaking the doll as Glowstars songs would fit very well for a rock tour, but the latter is unfortunately very unlikely. (Unless she has now somehow overcome the reason why she refused playing it through the last years.) Even the song Glowstars itself could rock (at least a rocking break).
And I miss my sky would be great anyway.

Posted on: 8/5 13:42

Glow Stars
Bernd, i didn't want To record all the concert so at the beginning, i've record only old ones but after some songs missed, it was to difficult To resist not to film the others.

I've 2 more extracts of 2 Songs, not shared in public but you can watch them Here :

https://youtu.be/YX6XvQXd-no

https://youtu.be/7nKo2828yqc

Posted on: 8/5 15:46

The Jasmine Flower

Posted on: 8/6 8:32

The Jasmine Flower
She sings "Leuven Rain".
Was it rainy?

Posted on: 8/11 23:39

The Jasmine Flower
Berit is so brilliant!

Posted on: 8/12 1:05

Glow Stars
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
She sings "Leuven Rain".
Was it rainy?

Yes Bernd, it was a rainy day but it stops for the beginning of the festival that day, so no rain when Heather was on stage that night.

Posted on: 8/15 15:03

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network