Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 10 »

Re: New Heather Nova Album "Pearl" to be released in spring 2019
Wonderlust
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
Any clue why the photobook and the lyric notebook disappeared on the merchcowboy site? Normally, it's 41 items, now it's only 39 items.

No idea. I only had a look at that page once two months ago to see the prices were so off the charts for me (at a time where I didn't know from what to live on from next month on), I haven't cared about that stuff further since.

Posted on: 1/26 9:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
Any clue why the photobook and the lyric notebook disappeared on the merchcowboy site? Normally, it's 41 items, now it's only 39 items.

I think the lyric book was 85 Euro and the making of the album 200 Euro. The last one was reduced later to 100 Euro. Both way to expensive, but were metioned to finance the album. Anyway, if the production cost is less than making profit, it doesn't make sense.

Probably at leat the lyrics one would be better to sell at upcoming concerts for a cheaper price but to more people.

Posted on: 1/30 23:04

The Jasmine Flower
Ah, I see, the photobook and the lyric notebook disappeared because there is a NEW ITEM:

Pearl - the book - NEW!
Ä74.99

https://heathernova.merchcowboy.com/all/pearl-the-book-new.html

A high quality, Hard-cover 60 page book that includes: Behind the scenes photos from the recording sessions, lyrics and chords to each song, personal comments from Heather about each song.
(anyone who previously ordered the lyric book, or the behind-the-scenes photo book will receive this upgrade instead, and will be refunded the difference!)

Posted on: 1/30 23:22

HNN Forums Admin
From France
It seems to be more or less the same kind of book than the one we bought about Oyster, for 20 euros, if I remember well.

Posted on: 1/31 18:53

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

Estellem wrote:
It seems to be more or less the same kind of book than the one we bought about Oyster, for 20 euros, if I remember well.

The Oyster book went to sale on tour for 15 Euros. Later it was sold via online shop for just 9.99 Euros. It includes 44 pages.

Still available: https://heathernova.merchcowboy.com/he ... ter-behind-the-music.html

The Pearl book is 74.99 Euros and contains 60 pages...

Posted on: 1/31 21:29

HNN Forums Admin
From France
Thanks.

I'm of course willing to support Heather. I was ready to pay for the cover of my choice item (which I finally didn't, for for legal reasons, I couldn't get what I want). I hope that next time...).

Still, I find many items so expensive. I don't mind paying, but I want more in return. I am not ready to pay 74 euros for a book just a little bigger than the Oyster one. 15 euros wes perfect, 20 or 25 would be ok, but 74 ?

I can understand, though, that Heather needs money. Well, I'm sure she has many b-sides and stuff that she could sell. A rarities and unrealised CD would be great, and not expensive to create.

Would some items be cheaper, she'll probably sell more of them.

Of course, I wans't speaking about clothes or artwork. This kind of stuff just has to be expensive, they are quiet unique, and the price seems fair to me.

Posted on: 1/31 21:38

The Jasmine Flower
I wonder why there will be a double vinyl album but no double CD album?!

Posted on: 1/31 21:44

Milky Way
From St. Louis, Missouri (USA)
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
I wonder why there will be a double vinyl album but no double CD album?!

The optimal running time for a single side of 12" vinyl is 16-20 minutes (and the maximum is 25 minutes, but the sound quality suffers). You can fit about 80 minutes of music on a CD. So, if Heather has say between 65 and 80 minutes of music, she would need a double vinyl album but wouldn't need more than a single CD.

For example, I have London Calling by the Clash on both CD and vinyl which is about 65 minutes long. It's a double vinyl album but just a single CD.

My guess would be that Heather has too much music to fit onto a single album but not too much to need a double-CD and it's more cost effective to put it out as a single CD.

Posted on: 2/1 3:44

The Jasmine Flower
Ah ok! I thought some extra songs on vinyl, but what you say makes sense!

Posted on: 2/1 8:25

The Jasmine Flower
Here, Heather writes about the new Pearl book:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtRPjW3hAi7/

Posted on: 2/1 14:29

Wonderlust
I agree with Estelle.
Music business has changed through the last decade and independent artists need to find new ways to make their living, thatís totally understandable. But the prices are off the charts this time, imho.

Canít say anything about the clothes and jewellery; Iím sure, they were expensive.
But the price for drawings/paintings was Euro 250 last year (if I remember correctly), then in autumn it increased to Euro 300 and now itís Euro 500. So it doubled within a few months.
And 75 Euro for a press photo or 200 Euro for used guitar strings?! WowÖ..
Plus, Iím absolutely not willing to pay someone for a "thank you" in any way (credits in the booklet) or pay 20 Euro extra (more than the price of the cd itself) for a "To ÖÖ love, Heather Nova".
I really respect Heather and her work and thus, of course, Iíve always paid for it (like for other artistís work) and wish her good luck with her campaign, but as Estelle already said, I guess she would get more support, if the items werenít that expensive.
Heather canít assume to have only rich and privileged fans, although I really hope for her, that she has a lot of them, who are willing and able to pay such prices without flinching. Well, I am definitely not amongst them. And I am definitely not the sort of fan, who accepts each and everything an artist does uncritically. Because not agreeing with someoneís opinion or approach, doesnít mean, that I donít give respect to them or their work.

Estelleís suggestion of a cd with rarities or songs, which didnít make it on the albums (at a reasonable price) is great, btw. That would have been a good idea and, Iím sure, interesting for a lot of fans.

Just my two cents. Disagree if you want, thatís absolutely alright with me.

Posted on: 2/1 20:00

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I would really love if Heather would release all those songs she ever wrote and never found worth to release. I believe all those songs are hidden treasures!

Posted on: 2/1 22:45

Milky Way
From St. Louis, Missouri (USA)
Quote:

57Arietis wrote:
Heather canít assume to have only rich and privileged fans, although I really hope for her, that she has a lot of them, who are willing and able to pay such prices without flinching.

I don't think Heather makes that assumption. The expensive items aren't the only items for sale - she offers digital downloads and unsigned CD's and albums at more reasonable prices, so she's offering things that span a wide range of prices for fans across the spectrum of financial ability/willingness. Granted, while the unsigned CDs and albums are being sold at twice the cost of a typical CD you might find on Amazon, gerd pointed out that she's trying to...

Quote:

...get first money for the record from the fans who can afford and make the album possible, not sure if it could be otherwise. I guess there would be no albums anymore without her fans. She is not played in Radio or so anymore.

I take issue with the proposition that "only rich and privileged fans" are purchasing these signed and dedicated offerings. I really struggled with whether to to get a signed/dedicated CD and/or an album with my name listed in the credits in the "Thank you..." section. I am neither rich nor privileged. However, I ultimately opted to buy both. Why? Because frankly, that's where my priorities are. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't buy fancy cars. I don't have a fancy house. My TV is 18 years old. I buy generic brands of food. My bed is falling apart and the wallpaper in my bedroom is starting to peel off. But my CD and album collections are magnificent!!! It is my passion! And I am a serious collector of certain artists . . . I have an almost obsessive desire to get my hands on as much as I can of certain artists' things. It is incredibly meaningful for me to have a CD that is actually signed by one of these special artists. To have it actually personalized by having my name written onto the cover by the artist gives me immeasurable joy. The idea that my name could be included in the credits of an album is hugely meaningful to me. So I buy it NOT because I am "rich and privileged" but because "that's my thing" - it gives me joy. I didn't buy these things "without flinching" . . . I struggled with the decision to purchase, e.g., a signed and dedicated CD, because it IS costly, but for me, I'd rather have a signed and dedicated CD than the latest iPhone, or new wallpaper in my bedroom. It simply comes down to priorities. I don't judge people for wanting to spend their money on what makes them happy, nor do I presume that they are rich or privileged because they choose to spend their money on things that aren't a priority for me.

I for one am absolutely DELIGHTED that Heather is offering so many collectible treasures!

And I agree 100% with Estellem that a CD of rarities and unreleased tracks would be AWESOME!!!

Posted on: 2/2 3:29

The Jasmine Flower
There are indeed some expensive items, but I think there is a wide range from cheaper to more expensive things, so that almost everybody will be able to buy some item. For example, my favourite, the postcard, now sold out, was just 17.49 Euros. Yes, also this price increased, because four years ago it was 13 Euros, but I'm sure even the new price is definitely worth it. I bought a postcard four years ago and it was so much fun to finally find it in my postbox and read it and have it in my hands and don't forget, you can take it in your hands as often as you want and it will be a great joy each time you do so. I hope even in decades I still have this postcard and look at it and think of the great time we have now and hopefully still will have in the future and had in the last 25 years with her music. For others, it may be only a postcard, but at least for me, it means a lot more, especially a lot of memories, so for me it is definitely worth the 17.49 Euros. Plus, it includes a signature and a dedication, so as far as I see it, a signature usually costs 11 Euros and an additional dedication usually costs 9 Euro, in total 20 Euro, so the postcard is cheaper than the difference between the signed and decicated album and the normal album so you can even save some money with it. Not opted for the credits, because I don't see much sense in buying a "thank you", though. But I think everyone has his/her own preferences and that's absolutely ok.

Posted on: 2/2 9:30

Wonderlust
Clouseau, I didnít judge people for how they spend their money. If you felt personally attacked by my posting, that wasnít my intention, sorry. I just told my opinion and I want it to be respected, as I respect your approach.
When you say "It simply comes down to priorities", I totally agree with you! If collecting artistís items and autographs gives you joy and makes you happy, then certainly follow it. Iím honestly glad for you, that Heather gives you the opportunity to purchase meaningful things to you.
Well, I have other priorities in life (and that has nothing to do with fancy cars, iPhones Ė I have neither - or other expendable material stuff) and thatís how it is. At the moment my priority is surviving somehow, thatís all I want to say. Nothing further.
And I truly wish you delight with your purchased items!

Posted on: 2/2 10:08

Wonderlust
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
....Plus, it includes a signature and a dedication, so as far as I see it, a signature usually costs 11 Euros and an additional dedication usually costs 9 Euro, in total 20 Euro, so the postcard is cheaper than the difference between the signed and decicated album and the normal album so you can even save some money with it.

Bernd, the mathematician!

Quote:
But I think everyone has his/her own preferences and that's absolutely ok.

Absolutely agree!

Posted on: 2/2 10:12

HNN Forums Admin
From France
It's a constant balance, actually, between priorities and pleasure and bank account.

Heather's first campaign was in 2011. Prices were cheaper, I had no kids, I lived in a medium house, my salary increased a little bit each year, to partly follow the cost of life.

8 years later, some items are much more expensive, I got 3 kids, a bigger house, and my salary has been frozen for years.
Spending about 50 euros (if I remember well) for the fun to received a singed CD with my name in the credit was clearly affordable, and worth it. Now, spending 85 euro for the same item is 1- far more complicated 2- too expensive anyway...

Postcards price was obviously ok : they are sold out.
Clothes and jewelry prices seem ok to me. Not that I can afford it, but the price seems just fair.

This campaign doesn't seem to work as well as the previous ones : Heather had to adjust some prices, upgrade some items, etc. I don't remember something similar last time. For the 300Days campaign, of course, she had finally offer some extra mp3, but if my memory isn't fooling me, it was mainly due to the fake signed CD, when the company who was managing the packages and the posting had screwed up.

Posted on: 2/2 16:01

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

Estellem wrote:
It's a constant balance, actually, between priorities and pleasure and bank account.

Perfect. You couldn't say it better!

Posted on: 2/3 0:09

The Jasmine Flower
Shooting a video for Pearl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BumP8v2B5sA/ (4 pics)

Posted on: 3/4 21:43

The Jasmine Flower
One more pic from the video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bumk65iHxBU/

Posted on: 3/6 23:15

The Jasmine Flower
I don't know why, but the item "Highlight in Heather's instagram stories" (49.99 Euros) disappeared on the merchcowboy site:

https://heathernova.merchcowboy.com/all

Posted on: 3/28 7:54

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
The standard Album/CD will contain 11 songs according to the press information about the tour by Target Concerts.

Posted on: 4/5 21:19

Siren
I got my postcard from Heather today, so if you bought one they are on the way!!!

Posted on: 4/22 18:07

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
What Bermuda location is on the postcard? Would you mind to share?

Posted on: 4/22 19:29

The Jasmine Flower
Here, someone got it eight days ago already:
https://twitter.com/gepo1303/status/1117370492212609024

I'm still waiting for my postcard.

Posted on: 4/22 20:24

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
So Georg got Warwick Long Bay.

Bernd, I guess your postcard will be delivered by train, so it takes a little longer!

Posted on: 4/22 20:33

Siren
Hey Gerd!

I got Warwick Long Bay as well!

Posted on: 4/23 1:05

The Jasmine Flower
Still waiting for my postcard...

Posted on: 4/26 19:08

The Jasmine Flower
When was the postcard stamped? I wonder why this guy in Belgium got it two weeks ago and I still have to wait...

Posted on: 4/28 22:23

The Jasmine Flower
According to FNAC Spain, the tracklist is:

1. The Wounds We Bled
2. All The Rivers
3. Rewild Me
4. Some Things Just Come Undone
5. After All This Time
6. Over The Fields
7. Just Kids
8. Dont Worry What The Experts Say
9. See Yourself
10. Vincent
11. Your Words

https://www.fnac.es/a6698621/Heather-Nova-Pearl-CD-album

The Wounds We Bled, After All This Time, and Your Words were already play during 2018 summer tour.

Rewild Me and Your Words were already played in Bermuda 2019.

Just Kids was already played in London 2017.

Unfortunately "Rose Gold", also played during 2018 summer tour, is not among the songs?

Posted on: 4/29 23:07

The Jasmine Flower
According to Presse Peter, the first single from Pearl will be "Just Kids". I just wonder about the date: May 31. Wasn't it planned for May 3?

https://presse-peter.de/media/77/index.html

Posted on: 4/29 23:10

Siren
From the stars in the sky
Maybe 'Vincent' is a cover of Don McLeans song. That would be awesome! I love this song, one of my all time favorites. <3

Posted on: 4/30 9:55

Milky Way
Announced on Instagram as May 3
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw6vpt3hbP5/

Posted on: 5/1 17:06

The Jasmine Flower
Weird. Some promotion site says "Just Kids" on May 31, but Heather herself says "The Wounds We Bled" on May 3.

Actually, I do believe Heather.

Posted on: 5/1 22:07

Milky Way
Maybe thereís 2 ę†singles†Ľ planned

Wonder if the early clients of her campaign will get the singles ...

Posted on: 5/2 12:46

Milky Way
Pearl is available on Vinyl on preorder on the French Amazon
Quite affordable at 17Ä15

Open in new window

Posted on: 5/2 16:56

HNN Forums Admin
From France
It seems that the covers of your choice didn't sell well, this time. I thought she sold more of them during the previous campaign. Too expensive, probably.
Well, I would have buy one if I could have one of my song is covered, but legally, Heather can't until the song is released in one way or another. But having one's own cover is very special, and only something very special can't make me decide to pay 700 euros for it.

The difference between the vinyl price on merchcowboy and Amazon is quite high. Especially if you consider that French people don't pay postage.

Posted on: 5/2 18:05

Milky Way
Quote:

Estellem wrote:

The difference between the vinyl price on merchcowboy and Amazon is quite high. Especially if you consider that French people don't pay postage.

I suspect it's a bug and the price will rise.
The CD is 19,26Ä and the vinyl is 24,83Ä on Amazon Germany...

Posted on: 5/2 18:25

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Quote:

sugarbaby wrote:
Maybe 'Vincent' is a cover of Don McLeans song. That would be awesome! I love this song, one of my all time favorites. <3

Wishful thinking

I guess it's an homage to her boyfriend.

Posted on: 5/2 18:38

The Jasmine Flower
I prefer original songs on her albums. She had already two covers on her albums (Gloomy Sunday on South, Wicked Game on Redbird), and neither I see much sense in it, nor do I like those covers much, nor do they fit on those albums in my opinion at all. As b-sides ok, but not on albums. That's what b-sides are for.

Plus, doing covers cost maybe too much royalities these days, even if this song is already 43 years old, especially since I don't think Pearl will be a million seller.

Also, it would be a pity in my opinion to put a cover song on the album, while her original song "Rose Gold" is missing.

And yeah well, I also guess when Heather thinks of some "Vincent", it's most likely the photographer and not the painter.

Posted on: 5/2 21:43

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network