Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!

(1) 2 »

October 15th 2010 - Leiden, The Netherlands - Leidse Schouwburg
HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Heather Nova will perform in the Leidse Schouwburg of Leiden (The Netherlands) on October 15th 2010 in the Stadsgehoorzaal.
Tour title seems indeed to be "A special acoustic evening".

www.leidseschouwburg.nl

or direct link to the concert:

Heather Nova in Leidse

Ticket are from 27 to 32 Euro.

Thanks to Ton for letting us know.

Posted on: 2010/4/5 14:30

Edited by gerd on 2010/4/5 15:44:30

Re: October 15th 2010 - Leiden, The Netherlands - Leidse Schouwburg
HNN Forums Admin
From The Netherlands
With a bit of luck I'll be there

Posted on: 2010/4/5 15:19

Wonderlust
From everywhere
wow, that's near.

I hope the next announcement will be "Heather in Diligentia"

Posted on: 2010/4/6 13:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Storm
From close to Antwerp
Didier and I will probably be there, but it's not possible to order tickets online for foreigners.

I mailed Leidse Schouwburg, I hope it's not sold out soon.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 12:41

Storm
From close to Antwerp
Ordering tickets is really hard for foreign people !

Buying online is not possible.

And apparantly there is this 'lottery', which means only x % of the people who think they can get in, do get in...

I mailed them, and at first I got a mail without attachement back. The next time the attachment I had to fill in, scan and mail back is not an office-type document so I can't read it !

A QUESTION : CAN SOMEBODY FROM THE NETHERLANDS BUY 2 SEATS OF THE BEST CATEGORY ? PM PLEASE.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 19:23

Milky Way
From The Netherlands
It is a lottery for everybody in presale.
What extension does the file that you received, have?

Posted on: 2010/4/8 19:34

The Jasmine Flower
Really weird.

I mean, that's against every common European spirit. Belgium and the Netherlands have the same currency, the borders are open, both are in the EU, and then it's almost impossible to buy tickets from abroad. This is probably against some EU laws, but this doesn't help Johan now.

Isn't it even possible to buy with credit card?

Posted on: 2010/4/8 20:02

Milky Way
From The Netherlands
We are getting the same discussion as a half year ago. If Johan can fill in the file, it would not be a problem. The lottery is also for everyone living in the Netherlands.
Everyone who sends his request for tickets before May 1st, will play in the lottery.

You have to give the venue permission to take the money from your bankaccount. That is only possible for Dutch bankaccounts and the only reason for online option for Dutch people. The tickets will not be charged until they know you got them in the lottery.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 20:39

The Jasmine Flower
And after May 1st?

Posted on: 2010/4/8 20:49

The Jasmine Flower

Posted on: 2010/4/8 20:55

Milky Way
From The Netherlands
It is a bit complicated. Tickets not sold in the presale will be available after May 1st, also online and even payment possible with creditcard. Other buy options at the venue are within limited opening days and hours.

Such venues are used to have more request for tickets than there are seats available. "Plays" and especially "Comedians" are often sold out in very short time. That is the reason for the lottery in presale.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 21:14

The Jasmine Flower
Well, as Heather's concert will surely not being sold-out in that lottery, it's probably best for Johan to just wait until May 1st.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 21:22

HNN Forums Admin
From The Netherlands
I can not help you, I ordered 2 tickets and take part in the lottery now. It is not allowed to participate more than once. I think you can buy tickets at 1 may. I would be very surprised if she was sold out in the pre-sale.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 21:22

Storm
From close to Antwerp
Problem solved (I hope).

The send me 2 pdf-files, which I had to print out, fill in with a pen, scan the documents and mail them.

Very elaborate and silly !

I thought there was free trade of goods and services in Europe ? Now it seems they want foreign people to have a disadvantage over the local people.

I doubt there will be more than 5 foreign people though.

Maybe there is a gig the day after in Ghent or Brussels, so I could have spared me the trouble, but I'd still like to go.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 11:26

Storm
From close to Antwerp
@ Bernd : which part don't you understand ?

It's a lot to translate.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 11:28

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

johandeman wrote:
I thought there was free trade of goods and services in Europe ? Now it seems they want foreign people to have a disadvantage over the local people.

Exactly.

Were you able to order just for one show ("Bestelt u via het papieren bestelformulier, dan geldt een minimum van 3 verschillende voorstellingen per formulier.")?

And do you really have to pay now an additional 7,50 Euro fee for just filling out this paper ("Per papieren formulier wordt 7,50 extra administratiekosten in rekening gebracht")?

This would be really crazy and annoying and probably against EU laws.

This is even more silly than the "lidmaatschap" at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, where you need TWO tickets to enter... (as I was there in 2004, you could buy online only the concert ticket, but not the lidmaatschap, so I had to buy the lidmaantschap locally two hours before the concert, but it was not sold at Paradiso, so I had to get it in a regular shop a few streets from Paradiso, in their opening hours, and of course they closed a few minutes later, what a nonsense).

Well maybe, the people at Leidse Schouwburg could say, would it be better to stop online selling at all and selling only locally in stores? No, of course not. But when they sell, they cannot exclude foreigners or make it much more difficult for them.

And why a lottery? Why not simply first-come-first-serve like always?

Quote:

johandeman wrote:
@ Bernd : which part don't you understand ?

It's a lot to translate.

No need to translate it for me, as I don't want to go to Leiden. I just wanted to understand the procedure.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 13:08

Storm
From close to Antwerp
Well, Bernd, it's not a regular concert venue like 013, Effenaar etc. I guess it's more like a theater.

I don't know if it will be more expensive for foreign people, but the guy from the venue told me that foreign people will not get a disadvantage at ordering tickets...

I find it silly you can buy a camera lens, pc or car abroad with less hassle than a 30 euro ticket.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 14:24

Wonderlust
From everywhere
geez - what a fucking fuzz about what?
Get your asses together fokes, try to order a ticket in Greece, and experience EU.

Wait until 1 may. Last concert of Heather in Den Haag I bought extra ticket one day before the actual concert.

This concert is for Dutch fans primarily anyways, and to adjust IT systems by spending the little subsidy they get these days on it, is the wrong way for a theatre to use their subsidy resources, when their primary audience is local anyways.

Think about it and stop crying like a baby.

As for Paradiso, which gets more international audience, there is the facility nowadays to buy the "lidmaatschap" online together with ticket. And Bernd, the lidmaatschap is alos sold at Paradiso. When the doors open you can buy it.. it is a 1 minute action. Did it so many times, and never lost my place down at the stage.... Going to the loo or hang your coat takes more time. Really.... I find this too absurd to hold such grudge.

It may sound strange, but there are events in paradiso that are "freely" accessible with this lidmaatschap. In fact, Paradiso organises cultural events partly with the money raised from the lidmaatschap. It may be an old fashioned construction, yet again.. why make a fuzz about some little things that add flavor to the locality? Want an EU that is the same everywhere?

Besides, because of this construction of membership, Paradiso is a closed "vereniging" which means they can get more subsidy, apparently. In exhange for this little payment, the drinks are fairly cheap compared to the bars around Paradiso.

Cultural organisations are being strained in our political climate in Holland and they will be in the future more and more strained from subsidies, one way or the other they will have to keep their pants dry, and make priorities... among which is that a local city theatre may not offer 100% service to foreign EU citizens.

By the way - ask yourself the same questions on some stage theatre in Bayreuth or in Bastogne.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 14:23

The Jasmine Flower
I want to disagree.

First, I don't understand at all why there is this lottery anyway. Second, you can order with credit card from abroad, so the IT system already allows it, but not now. Why not just stop this complicated lottery and sell the tickets according "first come first serve" from day one? It would be much easier for us, and much easier for the IT, and they don't need to install this weird lottery.

And yes, it's a good thing that the "Paradiso lidmaatschap" can be bought now online together with the ticket, but this wasn't possible back in 2004, as I was there. I had to buy it locally, and it wasn't available at Paradiso, so I had to search. Even with the paid ticket, they wouldn't have allowed me to come in otherwise. Why not just add 2-3 Euros to the ticket and everything is fine? And when they need this "lidmaatschap" to get more subsidy from the state, then there is something wrong with the law. I don't care at all about the prices for the drinks.

Maybe it is even worse in Greece, but we are speaking about Netherlands and Belgium, 50 years of Benelux. In 2010, you should really expect no problems for Belgium people in the Netherlands anymore.

But in one thing I agree with you. The concert will never be sold out until May 1, and then anyone can order anyway. So it's best to wait.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 14:53

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

jelger wrote:
By the way - ask yourself the same questions on some stage theatre in Bayreuth or in Bastogne.

As far as I know, Bayreuth is sold out for the next 5-10 years anyway, and if you send a request now, you'll get (maybe) your ticket in 10 years. There are simply too many people who want to see it. But they have now big screens where anyone can watch for free, too, and livestreams.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 15:02

Wonderlust
From everywhere
>> No need to translate it for me, as I don't want to go to Leiden. I just wanted to understand the procedure.

this "lottery" does not only concern Heather's concert. It is a pre-sale action, a general promotional campaign, on the whole theatre-season, which starts in september 2010. Like I said, this whole action is specifically targeted at local customers. It does not specifically exclude foreigners, they have simply made choices in the general set up of the IT support.

Now, go to the Strassbourg EU-Human-Rights court and file a complaint.

"Het is niet mogelijk online te bestellen met een buitenlands rekeningnummer. Wij verzoeken deze gasten een email te sturen naar kaartverkoop@leidseschouwburg.nl"

The payment system they included does simply not provide in foreign bankaccounts. It has nothing to do with refuting foreigners. Send an email to this email add.

You could also just phone/email and ask their IBAN number.... just an idea fokes.

And, again, this is just PRE-SALE. There hasnt been any promotion yet.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 15:02

Wonderlust
From everywhere
@BErnd: my point being... select a random non-international theatre in a little town in Germany, and ask the same questions.... Let's say, googlemaps ehm.. in Ulm.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 15:06

The Jasmine Flower
I just don't see any sense for such a "pre-sale lottery" with restricted conditions. Just skip the pre-sale lottery and the IT systems are less complicated.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 15:13

Milky Way
From The Netherlands
Quote:

Bernd wrote:
Quote:

jelger wrote:

As far as I know, Bayreuth is sold out for the next 5-10 years anyway, and if you send a request now, you'll get (maybe) your ticket in 10 years. There are simply too many people who want to see it. But they have now big screens where anyone can watch for free, too, and livestreams.

This is exactly the reason for a pre-sale lottery. Otherwise it will always be the same people who have the tickets. Besides that, we have a lot of problems from companies who buy as many tickets as they can get and make a huge profit on the tickets. This lottery system is one way to hold such companies back. Also I don't have to pay a student to waith in a sleeping back to be the first.
The sales with internet is not something ordered by the EU. Normally foreigners have to go to the ticketoffice and wait inline. Is that what you want?
If you can buy the tickets online and can only pay with Paypal I expect also complains here on HNN.

PS.
These complains don't help for the Dutch members wanting to help foreignmembers. At least I am losing the will to help.
By the way, foreign ticketbuyers do not have to pay the extra 7,50 administration cost. So for Dutch people without internet it is more expensive than for foreign visitors. Who is being discriminate now?

Posted on: 2010/4/10 16:54

The Jasmine Flower
Yes, Paypal is a company to avoid and who deserves a lot of critisism. I had once a Paypal account and I doubt I will ever reactivate it.

Anyway, the people from the theatre want to sell tickets. So it should be up to them to make buying easy. It's not a good thing to make buying difficult and then maybe complain about not sold seats afterwards. That's all I say.

But Jelger is right, this Heather Nova concert will surely not being sold out until May 1st (maybe there will even be tickets at the box office left), so every foreigner with a credit card can order from May 1st on anyway, and that's a good thing. So Johan, no worry, you will surely get your ticket!

Posted on: 2010/4/10 20:06

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

jelger wrote:
And Bernd, the lidmaatschap is alos sold at Paradiso. When the doors open you can buy it.. it is a 1 minute action. Did it so many times, and never lost my place down at the stage.... Going to the loo or hang your coat takes more time. Really.... I find this too absurd to hold such grudge.

I'm really glad this has changed then in the last years. As I was there in 2004, I couldn't buy it online. On my printed ticket, there was a note "excluding membership" (only in Dutch language, of course). At the venue itself, there was a little paper with information where to buy it locally, at local ticket shops. I had to look on my street map and went then to next ticket shop, maybe five streets away, and bought the membership there. Luckily, I arrived there five minutes before they closed. The concert started maybe at 20h, and the ticket shop closed maybe at 18h, and I arrived at 17:55h then and bought my membership there. As far as I remember, there was no possibility anymore to buy it locally less than two hours before the concert, especially not at the venue, so I was glad I found this ticket shop right in time. But it was close. Definitely not an "1 minute action" and it was difficult for foreigners. Not all people are 2-3 hours before the concert in town. Since then I avoided Paradiso. I thought this was bad service.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 20:21

Blow
bullsh-t. It's always been possible to buy the membership at Paradiso!

Posted on: 2010/4/11 0:34

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

whatafeeling wrote:
bullsh-t. It's always been possible to buy the membership at Paradiso!

Also right before the concerts? I do clearly remember the note where they said where to go (five streets away) to buy it. I think I've even asked someone and he gave me the same information. Of course, it is possible that I have misinterpreted something (as I don't speak Dutch and it was the first time ever I visited a concert in Amsterdam, so I didn't knew the procedure), but I thought it was very confusing and it made me avoid to ever go to Paradiso again. The system should be easy for the consumer.

I mean, the risk of travelling from South Germany to Amsterdam and then arriving too late to buy the membership there in town and then not being allowed to get in there even with my valid ticket was to high for me.

Also, sorry, does this make sense to have to buy a "1-month-membership" to just visit one concert? I want to visit a concert and not becoming a member of something. They can also automatically add 3 Euros to the ticket price and locally sell reduced tickets (without the 3 Euros) for club members, if they want...

I'm really glad to hear that you can buy the membership online together with the ticket now, as this was definitely not possible back in 2004. And additionally, I'm glad to hear now to you can buy the membership also one minute before the concerts starts. I remember the note at Paradiso that I couldn't do this on that day (for whatever reason, don't ask me), and I went into panic. So I might go to Paradiso again.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 10:59

Storm
From close to Antwerp
Well, it's only a concert... If I can't make it to Leiden, there will probably other gigs closer to home.

Posted on: 2010/4/11 11:07

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I don't understand the discussion here about getting a ticket. The venue peoples have their rules or strategy. There is nothing to complain. Although it might be not usual. It's up to them and I am sure they know why they do this this way. Just respect that!
To fill out a foreign form might be a challenge, but with the internet there are online translators available. Shouldn't be a big issue.

Posted on: 2010/4/15 23:31

The Jasmine Flower
Quote:

gerd wrote:
I don't understand the discussion here about getting a ticket. The venue peoples have their rules or strategy. There is nothing to complain. Although it might be not usual. It's up to them and I am sure they know why they do this this way. Just respect that!

Sorry, but I still think it is very silly and complicated to have to buy a ticket PLUS a membership for Paradiso. How would you react if you hadn't read that and you were thrown out of Paradiso although you have a *valid* and *paid* ticket and they still don't let you in and you miss the concert then?

Maybe each Dutch person here knows this rules for years and decades already (and doesn't understand why I think it's silly), but I still think it is at least very complicated to foreigners and first visitors. And that's my complain. It's a difficult system where there is no need for a difficult system. One ticket should be enough to go in, like everywhere else. When you buy a flight ticket, you pay security fees and tax and whatever, but it's all included in the ticket price and you don't have to pay fees and tax locally.

I have no problems in paying 3 Euros extra, but it would be best to include it already in the ticket price, in my opinion, to make it easier.

It's hard for me to respect such hurdles. At least I'm very glad to read that you can buy this membership online NOW together with the ticket. Too bad this wasn't possible already as I was there, so I had lost lots of time to find out where to buy locally this membership I never needed again.

Quote:

gerd wrote:
To fill out a foreign form might be a challenge, but with the internet there are online translators available. Shouldn't be a big issue.

Johan had no language problem, as he already speaks Dutch. He spoke of other problems.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 0:33

Storm
From close to Antwerp
At first I didn't care about the Leiden concert, as there will probably be other gigs closer to home and in the weekend. And easier to buy tickets...

I 'only' go to help out Didier, as a talking 'gps' and a translator .

Well, it's always nice to see Heather live.

I've mailed about 10x to the venue to figure out how to order or better 'preorder' tickets.

I'm sure the venue has it's reasons to do it this way, but this is not a musical that is sold out in a few hours.

It's quite silly to download a form, print it out, fill it in with a pen, scan it, and mail it back !

I mean, not everybody has a printer, let alone a scanner.

Let's hope we win this 'lottery'.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 9:47

Milky Way
From The Netherlands
Just received my ticket. Third row, seat 1

Posted on: 2010/5/22 12:01

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
It's not easy to get a cheap sleeping place in Leiden. B&B seems to be sometimes far more expensive than hotels! B&B were still sold out so near the venue. Maybe i was just to late. Got a hotel now, which costs less money as all the B&B nearby.

Posted on: 2010/9/7 21:45

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
Tonights venue. It is cold an raining all day.

Attach file:

jpg  leiden-venue2010.jpg (123.33 KB)
2_4cb875ea90985.jpg 900X600 px

Posted on: 2010/10/15 17:40

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
How was the show?

Posted on: 2010/10/16 1:26

Blow
excellent. great crowd! And she played 'Light Years'...

Posted on: 2010/10/16 1:32

HNN Forums Admin
From a pink glow star
I am back now in the hotel. What a great night! Great setlist with Light Years and a much more interested audience. Meeting known people that I didn't expect to be there. By accident I found people waiting at a door with a sign I couldn't read and 5 minutes later I was invited backstage and met Heather. Before the concert I not even thought to wait at the tour bus maybe as of the rain. I knew so where the tour bus was.
And the light was brilliant at the concert compared to the previous concert, let me do a few videos from a perfect angle! Still don't know how to convert MTS files (AVHCD) so to share.

Anyway, here is the setlist:

Truth & Bone
Maybe tomorrow
Walk this world
Motherland
What a feeling
Gloomy Sunday/ All the way
Miss my sky
Heart & Shoulder
Light Years
Fool for You
Doubled up
London rain
Spirit in you
Aquamarine
Like lovers do
Someone new
Everything changes
Out in new Mexico
--------------
Looking for the light
Island
-------------
Sugar

Posted on: 2010/10/16 1:35

The Jasmine Flower
From usa
Light Years & Looking For The Light again. Nice!

And Motherland! Estelle will be disappointed she missed it.

But... none of the new songs? That seems kind of odd.

Oh, and Gerd you have an unfortunate typo in the title of "Like Lovers Do".

Posted on: 2010/10/16 1:39

Blow
She also played 'Everything Changes'. I think Gerd forgot that.

I personally love 'Talk to Me' way more than 'Motherland'. Especially in the acoustic arrangement.

Posted on: 2010/10/16 1:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

The Heather Nova Network